The Student Room Group

AQA AS geography 15 markers predictions

Does anyone know what are likely topics to come up for the 15 mark essays in rivers, population, cold environments and energy ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megankati
Does anyone know what are likely topics to come up for the 15 mark essays in rivers, population, cold environments and energy ?

Heard a lot of people saying rivers might be flooding case studies, such as a contrast between South Asia and Carlisle floods.
Reply 2
Original post by MangoJango
Heard a lot of people saying rivers might be flooding case studies, such as a contrast between South Asia and Carlisle floods.

Thanks yeah I heard that too which wouldn't be too bad, any ideas about any of the others?
Periglacial processes and landforms
Thanks yeah I heard that too which wouldn't be too bad, any ideas about any of the others?

Population might be on migration push and pull factors, and energy I'm still trying to found out myself.
Reply 5
Original post by MarcoReusBVB
Periglacial processes and landforms

Great that would be fine, thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MangoJango
Population might be on migration push and pull factors, and energy I'm still trying to found out myself.

Yeah energy's the worst one out of all of them as well, hopefully its not on anything too bad :/
Yeah energy's the worst one out of all of them as well, hopefully its not on anything too bad :/

Energy might be geopolitics
Reply 8
Energy might be geopolitics

Dam what sort of case studies would that be?

At my school we did the ESPO pipeline, ill try and find the powerpoint
Anybody have any ideas on what 15 marker could potentially come up for coastal section
my teacher has said for population- the validity of the DTM
describe the socio-economic characteristics for either inner city, suburban rural-urban fringe

rivers- explain why a river valley changes in its cross profile downstream
to what extend are the long profile of a river graded?

either of the two fro each ones...he is pretty good at predicting them last year he got 90% of the questions correct.

We learnt about TNC's, such as Royal Dutch Shell and about the schemes they set up. There was also The Russia and Ukraine dispute over oil. OPEC (which stands for the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is the organisation that determine and controls the prices of Petroleum. There is also the conflict within Iraq which we learnt about. Nigeria is also a pretty good case study. There is a group in Nigeria (whose name escapes me at this point) that steal thousands of barrels and smuggle them out of Nigeria, per day.

!UPDATE!
The Nigerian group that smuggle barrels of oil out are called MEND (The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
At my school we did the ESPO pipeline, ill try and find the powerpoint

Ahh okay cool thanks :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Crazyhistorian
We learnt about TNC's, such as Royal Dutch Shell and about the schemes they set up. There was also The Russia and Ukraine dispute over oil. OPEC (which stands for the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is the organisation that determine and controls the prices of Petroleum. There is also the conflict within Iraq which we learnt about. Nigeria is also a pretty good case study. There is a group in Nigeria (whose name escapes me at this point) that steal thousands of barrels and smuggle them out of Nigeria, per day.

!UPDATE!
The Nigerian group that smuggle barrels of oil out are called MEND (The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta)

Thank you so much ill may sure to look these up for tomorrow, good luck !
Reply 15
Original post by niamhford
my teacher has said for population- the validity of the DTM
describe the socio-economic characteristics for either inner city, suburban rural-urban fringe

rivers- explain why a river valley changes in its cross profile downstream
to what extend are the long profile of a river graded?

either of the two fro each ones...he is pretty good at predicting them last year he got 90% of the questions correct.
hi, what exactly do you mean by river graded? I understand long profile but not that

Hey I'm resitting the year and I have a feelin with energy energy management might come up cos it's a good 15 marker
(so eg boris bikes n congestion charge)

And with population I've heard DTM or international immigration
(so eg Mexico/Usa, Australia and Poland/Uk)

But I asked my teacher and she has no idea so honestly could be anything
Good Luck! x
Reply 17
Original post by Lucymwarren
Hey I'm resitting the year and I have a feelin with energy energy management might come up cos it's a good 15 marker
(so eg boris bikes n congestion charge)

And with population I've heard DTM or international immigration
(so eg Mexico/Usa, Australia and Poland/Uk)

But I asked my teacher and she has no idea so honestly could be anything
Good Luck! x

I really hope you're right , energy management sounds so much better than geopolitics! Thank you

Good luck to you too x
I really hope you're right , energy management sounds so much better than geopolitics! Thank you

Good luck to you too x

Just look up Gazprom and Opec and then Iraq, you can bs your way through it all dont worry x
Reply 19
Original post by Lucymwarren
Just look up Gazprom and Opec and then Iraq, you can bs your way through it all dont worry x

I will do thank you, yep that's the best part of human geography you can bs through most of it x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending