The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzi23
MSM - 10 (6 describe + 4 evaluate)
Anxiety & EWT ( 6 + 2)
Case studies (4)
Pilot studies (4)
Define a secure attachment (2)
Strange Situation (2+4)
Cultural variations (4)
Random sample (with regards to day care) (2+2)
Demand characteristics of parents in SS (2)
BPS ethics in SS (6)
Describe + evaluate Bowlby (12)

Does anyone know what questions I'm missing off this list?

IVand DV [2]
Outline multi store model [6]
Twolimitations of multi store model [4]
Outline research intoanxiety on EWT [6]
Limitationof anxiety on EWT [2]Cognitiveinterview [4]Directionalhypothesis [2]Outlinememory improvement strategy [2]Pilotstudy [4]Strengths/limitationsfor case studies [4]

ATTACHMENT
Ethicalissues of strange situation [6]
Why random sample is betterthan volunteer sample [2]
Definesecure attachment [2]
Findingsinto cultural variations of attachment [4]
Strengthof the strange situation [2]Howto conduct a random sample [2]
Explain how mother would showdemand characteristics in strange situation [2]
Differencebetween avoidance and resistant [4]Outline andevaluate Bowlby's theory [12]
I THINK these are all the questions
Yeah Geese study was byLorenz- that is an evaluation point, if you expanded on it well and articulated your point well explaining it and expanding it you may be awarded an AO2 mark for this
I didn't do any evaluation either!!? I really thought it was just a 6 mark outline question.
Original post by co16
i did that too i swear they're the same thing??

at my school we only learn sensitive period?
which question are you guys on about?
Original post by Eleanor303
I didn't do any evaluation either!!? I really thought it was just a 6 mark outline question.

SAME? It only said outline? .... awkward.... I feel like i've done badly looking at this thread! I had to teach myself the whole of Memory and social influence and obedience (unit 2 i know) :frown:
Did anyone else draw a diagram for the first Describe MSM 6 Marker? Don't say I'm gonna lose out! :frown:

Also we really should compile a list of the exam questions in order to create an unofficial mark scheme... really want to see how I did on that easy paper :biggrin:

EDIT: Also does anyone know any good revision material for Unit 2? I use Simply Psychology but if there are better ones, let me know! Also any general tips for Unit 2 would be helpful. Will be suprised if I get a decent grade in Psych though, got Cs in mocks (recent) so hoping I've turned it around by now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by madmike786
Yeah Geese study was byLorenz- that is an evaluation point, if you expanded on it well and articulated your point well explaining it and expanding it you may be awarded an AO2 mark for this

OMG thank you!!!! Ive only briefly seen in (as in I've seen the name and a picture) but its in the crossword in the book
Howto conduct a random sample anyone?
Yeah same I just threw it in there as an AO2
pick out a hat
Names in a hat, and draw out of hat at random.
Original post by Eleanor303

It was! The evaluation question was the next question and was 2 marks (I think) and it was about research of anxiety of EWT in general
Guys the question about strength of Strange sitch?
And demand characteristics of mothers in strange sitch?
Original post by TrojanH
Did anyone else draw a diagram for the first Describe MSM 6 Marker? Don't say I'm gonna lose out! :frown:

Also we really should compile a list of the exam questions in order to create an unofficial mark scheme... really want to see how I did on that easy paper :biggrin:

Nope don't worry about it, the other mark schemes state that a detailed and accurate diagram can be a perfectly acceptable answer and gain full marks.
Original post by teeedog
SAME? It only said outline? .... awkward.... I feel like i've done badly looking at this thread! I had to teach myself the whole of Memory and social influence and obedience (unit 2 i know) :frown:

I didn't evaluate it either. I thought if we had to evaluate it as well they'd make it an 8 marker.
So does this mean we didn't get the full 6 marks? The question said 'make sure to include the procedure and results'
Original post by madmike786
Yes the boundaries will probably go to 60. In other subjects to get a boundary minimum of 80% is rare for A usually around 87%. They would have no trouble increasing the boundaries to above 60.

It's never been 60 it won't go that high surely
Just to clear anything up; the question on anxiety and EWT asked for an OUTLINE only. Detailed outline (I imagine most of you went for Loftus and Palmer) in terms of procedure and findings is enough for 6 marks. No A02/Evaluation required.

^^ for the guy that wanted to know how to conduct a random sample; linking it to the stem; assign each child a number, put 'em all into a random number generator and get 10.
If a question says outline it is only testing AO1 dont worry.
Do you need 6 evaluation points to get the 6 ao2 marks?
For the bowlby essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending