The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by rafanadal
That is so odd hahaha at least you know now though. But nobody who received the text has received an email if I remember correctly? How weird!

I know but considering I received the email with all the information about a week after my assessment I am not surprised. They claim to have sent me this email;

We are pleased to confirm that you have been successful at the assessment centre stage. Once all assessment centres have been completed at the end of May, we will contact you again with details of location, role and department in which you will be offered a role.

Please note that a conditional offer is subject to satisfactory completion of eligibility checks to ensure you meet the qualification, nationality and residency requirements for the apprenticeship scheme. It is also subject to successfully completing the online IT Test if you are wanting to work in Digital Technology or Cyber Security.

We would like to congratulate you on being successful at the assessment centre stage and look forward to meeting you during the on boarding process.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 01256 383692 or 383684 or you can email us at [email protected] if you have any queries at this stage.

Kind regards
Civil Service Recruitment Team
Reply 241
I rang up to ask them how they determine what location you are given and whether you can put in a preference but turns out it's completely random and you can be placed anywhere!
Reply 242
Original post by MH01
I rang up to ask them how they determine what location you are given and whether you can put in a preference but turns out it's completely random and you can be placed anywhere!

Yeah but when you first registered you put a location preference I.e. London and Reading, and you were asked whether or not you would be willing to work elsewhere. I think other categories included Milton Keynes, Midlands, Manchester/Preston etc.
Reply 243
Original post by srbd
Yeah but when you first registered you put a location preference I.e. London and Reading, and you were asked whether or not you would be willing to work elsewhere. I think other categories included Milton Keynes, Midlands, Manchester/Preston etc.
I suppose so! Fingers crossed everyone hears back soon and gets the location they're after.
Reply 244
Original post by MH01
I suppose so! Fingers crossed everyone hears back soon and gets the location they're after.

Agreed! Good Luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!
Reply 245
Original post by sam1w2e
I've been wondering about this as well. I applied for the Cyber Security role and have my assessment day tomorrow; but I haven't heard anything about the additional test whatsoever. Maybe you only have to do it if you are successful at the assessment day?

Ohh... I already did mine xD Just realised, after looking at the comments below yours, talking about CAPITA. In the email it said if you have any problems regarding the ICT test contact someone at capita email, I didn't know who that was. Because I applied couple more different positions at different places I thought it could be one of them.

So apparently already did this IT test they are talking about. My assessment day was 1st of May, but I received the email regarding this test on 30th of April, and deadline for completing it was 6th of May by 5pm. So I did it on that day at 4pm.

And even though they said you won't hear back until end of May / early June, I heard back 7th of May with the results, like 6 six days after my assessment centre and 1 day after I completed the ICT test.

Good luck with your assessment centre stage. And yes you are right, it does say on their website it is for shortlisted candidates... Though doesn't certainly mean assessment stage, as I would think that's last stage. Just ask them at interview tomorrow, because there will be time for some questions. And good luck again.

Original post by srbd
I think they are taking on 750, 400 through FT and 350 through OD so I imagine it's a lot of work doing all the sifts and interviews etc.

Thanks, I still feel like maybe it's not legit because it's so early to hear back but knowing others have heard back too reassures me. What area did you apply to? Maybe each region is doing it differently?

It's 750, but 400 for all regular FT and 50 for cyber security FT, and then 300 for OD.

Reference / Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-750-apprenticeships-for-talented-young-people

And like others with offers, I got message and on their website it shows they sent both email and message, but I did not receive the email. Even though previous emails went through quickly. I contacted them, waiting for a reply about it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 246
I had my assessment centre today, it went ok-ish, definitely wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. Assessor said we'd likely hear back by the end of May or early June. I applied in the Yorkshire and Humber area so it's great to see some people have already been accepted from that region. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Original post by Miyata
No, I did that numerical and verbal test long time ago, before getting invited to interview even. IT applicants do another additional test.

https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/apprenticeships.asp?newms=info5#Eligibility

"The final stage of the process is a half-day assessment centre. This will include an interview, a written exercise and a group exercise. Those applying for a Digital & Technology or Cyber Security apprenticeship will also take an IT related test. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates."

And thanks, best of luck to you too.

Hmm, interesting. I did not have to do any IT related test, I'm not sure why. I'm based in Scotland and according to info posted by Srbd on this thread, I see that candidates accepted into the IT field are obligated to do the test even after their position has been confirmed.

It's pure speculation on my part at this stage. Anyway most important thing is that we made it to the assessment center!

Since you have already done the IT test, what level of difficulty would you assign to it?

thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anybody who applied for Commercial as their #1 been accepted yet?
Reply 249

No :/ when was your assessment centre?
Reply 250
Original post by bmcenturion
Hmm, interesting. I did not have to do any IT related test, I'm not sure why. I'm based in Scotland and according to info posted by Srbd on this thread, I see that candidates accepted into the IT field are obligated to do the test even after their position has been confirmed.

It's pure speculation on my part at this stage. Anyway most important thing is that we made it to the assessment center!

Since you have already done the IT test, what level of difficulty would you assign to it?

thanks.

Let's just say it's very fun, like revisiting primary school. Easy. Not technical, the only way it relates to IT is problem solving ability. Maybe not even that... Speed and accuracy. I don't know but was fun and easy, don't worry about it. Every part of test had like 4-6 practice questions before it, so you would get used to it before you get into solving actual problems.

Good luck. Let me know once you get to do it, want to hear your opinion about it xD
Original post by lolsl1
No :/ when was your assessment centre?

17th April and yours? Which area did you apply for? I hate waiting hahaha even more so now I know some people have already heard back :frown:
Reply 252
17th April and yours? Which area did you apply for? I hate waiting hahaha even more so now I know some people have already heard back :frown:

Imagine about the people who are still waiting to get (hopefully) confirmation of their assessment centre. As not everyone was interviewed yet.
Reply 253

Mine was 29th so it hasn't been too long but I'm still nervous! And London, what about you? And yeah same! I asked and they said we should hear back June, but people have already got places so idk
Original post by Miyata
Imagine about the people who are still waiting to get (hopefully) confirmation of their assessment centre. As not everyone was interviewed yet.

That must be horrid although I would've thought that they had done all of the assessment centres by now?
Original post by lolsl1
Mine was 29th so it hasn't been too long but I'm still nervous! And London, what about you? And yeah same! I asked and they said we should hear back June, but people have already got places so idk

West Midlands! Yeah people who had their assessment centres around the same time as ours have heard back so fingers crossed! Eeee
Reply 256
That must be horrid although I would've thought that they had done all of the assessment centres by now?

Well if that would be true it's bad news for a lot of people, as there are quite a few who haven't heard back yet. But they are still doing the assessment centres, I was told at mine that they will be running them until end of May / early June, after which we should hear back with our results. Not sure why some of us have heard back so early, but it is a pleasant news. All the placement info though is coming after assessment centres finish, end of May / early June.

I applied for commercial 1st to and haven't heard back yet!
Original post by christophaw
I applied for commercial 1st to and haven't heard back yet!

Phew haha! Which area did you apply for? Good luck!
Phew haha! Which area did you apply for? Good luck!

The Humber region! How about you? Had my assessment on the 21st of April!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending