The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME - discuss exam technique, 30 markers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone using pajholden or econplusdal for unit 2?:cool:
Unit 2 is going to be the death of me... its mainly why i pinned my hopes on Unit 1. The difficulty gap of Unit 1 and 2 is massive imo :no:
Original post by jshep000

IDKTution on Youtube has some good structure videos but Pajholden was just a bore fest. I just resorted back to the books

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rigster122
IDKTution on Youtube has some good structure videos but Pajholden was just a bore fest. I just resorted back to the books

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Paj is really boring. What book have you got if you don't mind me asking
Reply 5

Pajholden is very good for looking over content, particularly things you find hard. However, im not sure about unit 2
Reply 6
Unit 2 is much different to unit 1 in terms of the data response, it requires serious knowledge on various topics in order for you to really squeeze out bits and bobs
Reply 7
Unit 2 is going to be the death of me... its mainly why i pinned my hopes on Unit 1. The difficulty gap of Unit 1 and 2 is massive imo :no:

I agree! got a U in the mock a couple weeks ago, but hopefully can get a B, im generally decent at things when I put a bit of work into it.
Original post by yaya sanogo
I agree! got a U in the mock a couple weeks ago, but hopefully can get a B, im generally decent at things when I put a bit of work into it.

Same... the cold feeling of a U is not one I'd like to feel again! Lol but i think the 30 mark question is everyone's killer
Yeah Paj is really boring. What book have you got if you don't mind me asking

Why would I mind! lol Its a Philip Allan book by Rachel Cole (ISBN 978-1-4441-4785-8)
Ahh yes, the 30 marker. Word on the street is that its on supply side policies this year
Same... the cold feeling of a U is not one I'd like to feel again! Lol but i think the 30 mark question is everyone's killer

Can you send a link to his macro videos? I couldn't find any
any predictions?
if you use points not on the markscheme but are still valid do you still get analysis/evaluation marks for them if so does this also apply to graphs?

That's surprising, it's the opposite for me. I'm relying on Unit 2 to make up for my mediocre performance in Unit 1! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

IDK is amazing! He posted an exam technique video for unit 2 today if any of you are interested.

He mentions including externalities diagrams, and I've never heard of anyone including those in a Unit 2 exam before. Has anyone ever done this? I can't even think about how you'd get one in!
It depends on your examiner really, normally examiners will know enough about the subject to know some abstract inferance as to what an answer could be. As long as you clearly link it back to the point made in the question it should be fine
Original post by ARSHKFW
if you use points not on the markscheme but are still valid do you still get analysis/evaluation marks for them if so does this also apply to graphs?
Original post by yaya sanogo
Ahh yes, the 30 marker. Word on the street is that its on supply side policies this year

doubt that since last year's reserve paper was supply side policies
Is there a list of definitions for unit 2 that someone could post?
doesn't stop them from bringing it up again though, it could be supply side policies to solve a specific type of problem
Original post by Achint10
doubt that since last year's reserve paper was supply side policies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending