The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Tsarist Russia Wed 13th May 2015

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a thread on this - all I could find was the EDEXCEL one - so, anyone doing AQA Tsarist Russia, get in here (or else defer me to the actual, existing thread...)

Anyone got any predictions of what could be on? And also feel free to share materials and questions, all that jazz.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by benjenstark
As far as I'm aware, there isn't a thread on this - all I could find was the EDEXCEL one - so, anyone doing AQA Tsarist Russia, get in here (or else defer me to the actual, existing thread...)

Anyone got any predictions of what could be on? And also feel free to share materials and questions, all that jazz.

I have a feeling Question 1 will be on opposition. Question 2 could quite possibly be about anything apart from opposition since last year 03 and 04 were about the radical parties. I'm thinking something about the economic condition by 1914.

As for Question 3, I have no idea, I'm not revising for this section and instead putting most focus on questions 1 and 2, really hoping they don't decide to change the formatting of the paper! Please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this!
Hey,
I've spotted a reassuring theme with the papers! Question 1 is always reform based; so the Crimean war, or why he reformed, or successes of the reforms etc! Basically questions to do with Alexander II, and his effectiveness of rule or why he reformed etc!
Question 2 is always so varied, as it spans from such a great time scale!
And question 3 is around the time of the provisional government, spilt of the social revolutionaries etc, if you look at all the past papers - you'll spot a theme pretty quickly!
As for ruling out questions because they were on last years paper, DON'T! My teacher told me that last years paper and the year prior to that were really similar in what the question asked, just worded differently!

I hope I helped and good luck Wednesday!

Charlotte x
Reply 3
Original post by neninini
I have a feeling Question 1 will be on opposition. Question 2 could quite possibly be about anything apart from opposition since last year 03 and 04 were about the radical parties. I'm thinking something about the economic condition by 1914.

As for Question 3, I have no idea, I'm not revising for this section and instead putting most focus on questions 1 and 2, really hoping they don't decide to change the formatting of the paper! Please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this!

Yeah, I've noticed that, i really hope it is as I love the questions on opposition. Question 2, maybe how Stolypin helped the economy?

Original post by charlottegrace
Hey,
I've spotted a reassuring theme with the papers! Question 1 is always reform based; so the Crimean war, or why he reformed, or successes of the reforms etc! Basically questions to do with Alexander II, and his effectiveness of rule or why he reformed etc!
And question 3 is around the time of the provisional government, spilt of the social revolutionaries etc, if you look at all the past papers - you'll spot a theme pretty quickly!
As for ruling out questions because they were on last years paper, DON'T! My teacher told me that last years paper and the year prior to that were really similar in what the question asked, just worded differently!

Charlotte x

Yeah, I've noticed that, i really hope it is as I love the questions on opposition. Question 2, maybe how Stolypin helped the economy?

Yeah!!! I'd say thats a pretty good guess! That would be a dream question!
How are you feeling the exam?
Reply 5
Yeah!!! I'd say thats a pretty good guess! That would be a dream question!
How are you feeling the exam?

Indeed, hopefully there aren't any dirty tricks pulled :P

I'm feeling alright in all honesty, I feel like I know a lot of specific evidence as of now, and I still have all of Tuesday and the morning of Wednesday to revise. How about you?
Reply 6

Could well be about Stolypin, he hasn't been mentioned since January 2012. I hope it will be about him, seem to understand his agrarian reforms quite well.
Indeed, hopefully there aren't any dirty tricks pulled :P

I'm feeling alright in all honesty, I feel like I know a lot of specific evidence as of now, and I still have all of Tuesday and the morning of Wednesday to revise. How about you?

I'm glad to hear it! I'm feeling exactly the same - I'm feeling quite confident about tsarist Russia. Its just my second paper I'm worried about, I'm doing Stalin's leadership!
Reply 8
Original post by neninini
Could well be about Stolypin, he hasn't been mentioned since January 2012. I hope it will be about him, seem to understand his agrarian reforms quite well.

Me too, I find it fairly easy to sum up pros and cons. On the conclusion - if it is asked - I'm not sure to go with agree or disagree; maybe disagree?

I'm glad to hear it! I'm feeling exactly the same - I'm feeling quite confident about tsarist Russia. Its just my second paper I'm worried about, I'm doing Stalin's leadership!

Good to hear; hopefully we'll both boss it, then. :cool:

And ah, though it may be hard I'm actually fairly jealous! My second paper is on Anti-Semitism, which is pretty much: x number of Jews died in y place, kind of depressing really...and I definitelyyyy don't know as much about it as Russia.
Me too, I find it fairly easy to sum up pros and cons. On the conclusion - if it is asked - I'm not sure to go with agree or disagree; maybe disagree?

Good to hear; hopefully we'll both boss it, then. :cool:

And ah, though it may be hard I'm actually fairly jealous! My second paper is on Anti-Semitism, which is pretty much: x number of Jews died in y place, kind of depressing really...and I definitelyyyy don't know as much about it as Russia.

I hope we do! Oh god, that doesn't sound fun at all! Well I wish you luck anyway!
I hope we do! Oh god, that doesn't sound fun at all! Well I wish you luck anyway!

It's really not, but thankfully it's over soon :P and thank you, you too!

I personally would go with disagree, certainly by 1914. His reforms essentially only benefited a few, those wealthier 'Kulaks' were part of the 10% who could consolidate land, therefore able to adopt modern farming methods as an oppose to 'strip farming'.

Just my opinion really, I don't think it really matters, as long as you can really back up your argument and follow it all through the essay.
Hey,

Charlotte x

Do you mean the social democrat split?
anyone think the 1905 revolution might come up?
Original post by sumaiyah177
anyone think the 1905 revolution might come up?

yeah I think my teacher said this is likely to come up!
https://youtu.be/fM-Adkyrezg?list=PL5jUGnzt6aR3Wj68Nm-7DODec-3JAvslu

these videos on youtube can be handy for revision

https://youtu.be/fM-Adkyrezg?list=PL5jUGnzt6aR3Wj68Nm-7DODec-3JAvslu

the videos from this channel are fairly useful!
Original post by ANONYMISS97
yeah I think my teacher said this is likely to come up!

Ooh, thanks for the heads up!

Looks like tonight's revision will be:
- opposition 1855-1917 (essentially the entire span, just to be sure :P)
- Stolypin
- Provisional Government
Reply 18
I have a feeling Witte or Vyshnegradsky might pop in
I really want 1905 revolution for russia in revolution and why stalin came to power for stalinist russia!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending