The Student Room Group

Dead- french gcse tomorrow

finding it really hard for french- my exams tomorrow im doing past papers im not doing as well as i want to Any one with tips?! :frown:
freaking out
Reply 1
looool i dont even have time for french ffs its just that subject in which most people cant do much about
Is this ocr
Reply 3
Original post by Synonym
looool i dont even have time for french ffs its just that subject in which most people cant do much about

LOL! i dont wanna fail this subject - too last minute and i totally agree just gotta know that vocab :/
you have french exam tomorrow aswell?
Reply 4
Original post by StressedByDay
Is this ocr

Nope edexcel
Reply 5
Original post by humzzay
LOL! i dont wanna fail this subject - too last minute and i totally agree just gotta know that vocab :/
you have french exam tomorrow aswell?

yep and you know what for french ima be happy with a C ffs this subject is just not for me. doing edexcel
I also have OCR French tomorrow morning. I've done listening and reading papers and I'm averaging around 28/40 :L first 3 questions are easy but the last two I almost impossible. Suppose there is not much we can do about now unless you are fluent in French.
Original post by maxjackson5
I also have OCR French tomorrow morning. I've done listening and reading papers and I'm averaging around 28/40 :L first 3 questions are easy but the last two I almost impossible. Suppose there is not much we can do about now unless you are fluent in French.

That is very true ; it's relatively easy to do the first 3 questions , I've have just done the 2014 ocr papers and you just need basic french vocabulary
Original post by StressedByDay
That is very true ; it's relatively easy to do the first 3 questions , I've have just done the 2014 ocr papers and you just need basic french vocabulary
A lot of past papers have been about people's jobs and what they think of them, so I suppose we could try learning vocabulary for different areas of employment in French? idk, the exams in 12 hours lol
Original post by humzzay
Nope edexcel

I'm doing the Edexcel papers tomorrow and I'd recommend just going over tenses and any key phrases. What one are you most worried about? I'm dreading the listening- can never understand anything they're saying :biggrin:
I do AQA and its out of 35 for both listening and reading i usually get 30/31 which is C for foundation. Kinda worried for tommorows exam tho
I do French edexcel aswell!! I think past papers and going over vocab really helps. Tip for listening is that when they give you 5 minutes to go through the paper see if you can identify the words in French so this helps you choose an answer. Hope that makes sense and good luck
Reply 12
I'm doing WJEC French, the papers seem a lot easier in comparison to AQA and OCR, Its out of 40 and I usually average around 35 on a Higher paper which is just above the boundary for A*. I'm worried due to the sound quality of WJEC's listening material.. it always seems muffly and hard to understand the words being said. (Not due to accent)
Just do as much vocab as possible and try and listen to the past listening exercises and listen to any other french stuff, even some music or something to get you in the mindset and listening to the words. It always takes a little while to adjust to hearing another language, so if you try to adjust before the exam, even half an hour or so, you should find it easier.
Oh and before listening, try and write out translations for any of the written words you know, it'll make it easier if you hear those words being said because you won't have to translate and listen simultaneously.
Original post by maxjackson5
A lot of past papers have been about people's jobs and what they think of them, so I suppose we could try learning vocabulary for different areas of employment in French? idk, the exams in 12 hours lol

Probably gonna cram alot in morning!
Original post by anisah_ahmed
I do French edexcel aswell!! I think past papers and going over vocab really helps. Tip for listening is that when they give you 5 minutes to go through the paper see if you can identify the words in French so this helps you choose an answer. Hope that makes sense and good luck

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest