The Student Room Group

Economics 25 marker

On the 25 marker in context one I just talked about market failure caused by externalities and gambling as a demerit good and talked about two solutions tax&information provision and ended up combining the two in a hypothecated tax whilst talking about the risks of government failure. Will it matter that I did not talk about monopolies as I assumed the 3 market failures mentioned were just guidelines for the essay?
Reply 1
I did exactly the same thing!

I don't know why but i feel worried about the answer sheet for the multiple choice, very random question but should I have ticked the answer or circle???? Very worried
Original post by apple412

I don't know why but i feel worried about the answer sheet for the multiple choice, very random question but should I have ticked the answer or circle???? Very worried

You circle the answer, assuming this is multiple choice questions for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by AzadRiaz96
You circle the answer, assuming this is multiple choice questions for AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have I lose all marks for multiple choice then as I ticked it????
Have I lose all marks for multiple choice then as I ticked it????

The AQA answer sheet with the 4 open circles for each question? We were told to shade the one we thing was right in with black pen.
Reply 5
The second or third question about a example of a Capital (good) which was listed Delivery van,stocks,coal and something else.

I think that was the only multiple choice question I ticked wrong,what did you guys put?
Reply 6
Original post by himynameiswill
The AQA answer sheet with the 4 open circles for each question? We were told to shade the one we thing was right in with black pen.

Yes i chose one answer but I just ticked instead of shaded it as I was stupid and silly does this mean I dont have any marks???
Reply 7
Guys i did my answers on the exam paper not the sheet (we had a rubbish invigilator who didnt go through any instructions) now i think ive gotten 0/25
Reply 8
Original post by nayana71
Guys i did my answers on the exam paper not the sheet (we had a rubbish invigilator who didnt go through any instructions) now i think ive gotten 0/25

I did the same thing but quickly asked to put it on the sheet at the end. The exam booklet is going to be thrown away according to my invigilator...
Reply 9
Original post by cellyn
I did the same thing but quickly asked to put it on the sheet at the end. The exam booklet is going to be thrown away according to my invigilator...

Thrown away? you sure its not the paper with the actual questions that will be thrown away? what happens to the people who only wrote on the exam paper? Lots of people i know only wrote on it and they cant give 0 marks to us all
Reply 10
Thrown away? you sure its not the paper with the actual questions that will be thrown away? what happens to the people who only wrote on the exam paper? Lots of people i know only wrote on it and they cant give 0 marks to us all

Yes disposed of basically as no name,centre number or candidate number was on there as it was only a question paper.But I'm not sure but I know they are pretty strict. Ask as soon as possible!!
(edited 8 years ago)
I compiled all the market failures together stating that monopolies were the source of market failures currently by saying that monopolies earn high profits which then goes to shareholders ect. this concentrates income among the richest creating income inequality. With the poorest then unable to afford rent ect. leading to the consumption of demerit goods E.G. gambling which was producing negative externalities. I then analysed the reduction in monopolies, advantages and disadvantages ect, before wraping it up into a conclusion
Original post by woodsyIDH7
I compiled all the market failures together stating that monopolies were the source of market failures currently by saying that monopolies earn high profits which then goes to shareholders ect. this concentrates income among the richest creating income inequality. With the poorest then unable to afford rent ect. leading to the consumption of demerit goods E.G. gambling which was producing negative externalities. I then analysed the reduction in monopolies, advantages and disadvantages ect, before wraping it up into a conclusion

Thinking about it I should of done this as explaining monopoly etc would've been easy marks but I'm just hoping their is no deduction in marks for not mentioning mononopolies as I feel I explained externalities in the market to a top level
Original post by joeltyler14
Thinking about it I should of done this as explaining monopoly etc would've been easy marks but I'm just hoping their is no deduction in marks for not mentioning mononopolies as I feel I explained externalities in the market to a top level

Im sure even economic markers wouldn't be harsh enough to take away marks for that the only two things im aware markers deduct if you don't do is using the extracts and not concluding
Original post by woodsyIDH7
Im sure even economic markers wouldn't be harsh enough to take away marks for that the only two things im aware markers deduct if you don't do is using the extracts and not concluding

That is a relief also the 3 market failures were mentioned more as a PS than an actual command question so I should stop worrying and get on with C1 revision!!
You should have received a separate sheet with at least 25 lines... A, B, C and D all being open circles and you shade one of each
The answer sheet is scanned by a computer so if the circle isn't shaded then the system may not pick it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The paper with the actual questions doesn't even have your details on it. Why did most of you not even read the instructions?

your multiple choice paper will be thrown away

ticking answers means you cancelled them

Quick Reply

Latest