The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotoriousDEN
I learnt it as Loftus, but I'm sure it doesnt matter if they both done a similar piece of research.

Thanks! I hope so.
Original post by TrojanH
depends on what you ACTUALLY wrote.. as long as you link it to disagree with the Critical period then yes it is relevant

I wrote that they found adopted children still managed to form close bonds with care givers when interviewed at the age of 8, this suggests that attachment can happen outside of the the critical period so goes against this concept? would that get me a mark or two?
Original post by Romanoff
What's wrong with an acronym? I used this and wrote this, explained it, related to the stem and gave an example of ROYGBIV.

Silly me I didnt put the example of ROYGBIV thinking that it doesnt relate to the ten words. Regret this already :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 6 mark question on the effect of anxiety on EWT, did Loftus' Weapon-Focus effect study count? :s-smilie:
Original post by Zahra96
Silly me I didnt put the example of ROYGBIV thinking that it doesnt relate to the ten words. Regret this already :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was only a 2 marker, right? They wouldn't be looking for lots of detail :smile:
Original post by Jimmy_G123
??

I may be completely wrong, and this might not be the study that you're referring to, but Main did a study where he interviewed children at age 9 and found that their attachment type was influenced by their mother, which supports the idea of monotropy, doesn't criticise the idea of the critical period.

It might be a completely different study though. D'you know the name of the researcher who did your study?
Original post by Dhanihk
For the 6 mark question on the effect of anxiety on EWT, did Loftus' Weapon-Focus effect study count? :s-smilie:

I'm pretty sure it does. I wrote about that too :/
Original post by emilialucy
Limitation of MSM:
I put: 1) Lockhard et al proposed that ensuring memories are created by processing rather than maintenance rehearsal.
2) Case study of KF suggests that STM + LTM is not unitary stores.

Limitation of anxiety on EWT:
I put something about individual differences

Strength of the SS:
I said it was a naturalistic observation and thus had high ecological validity as infants and children were in their home (real life environment) ... (kind of made that one up).

But SS is a laboratory experiment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dhanihk

I did this one and my teacher seemed to think it was alright :smile:
Original post by Dhanihk
It was only a 2 marker, right? They wouldn't be looking for lots of detail :smile:

Okay thanks for reassurance :smile: ah im not scared of incorrect answers- im worried about losing marks on each question- thats like jumping grade boundaries :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Layleexx
I may be completely wrong, and this might not be the study that you're referring to, but Main did a study where he interviewed children at age 9 and found that their attachment type was influenced by their mother, which supports the idea of monotropy, doesn't criticise the idea of the critical period.

It might be a completely different study though. D'you know the name of the researcher who did your study?

Yes it was Hodges and Tizard who studied adopted children from institutional care ygm?
Original post by SunDun111
Guys I reckon I got a B in this test now I reckon I can get a B overall however I still haven't learned conformity and abnormality, I've done stress almost. Is it possible to learn these two in under a week?

Lol same! Finished stress a few days ago, if you learn two topics a day, one from each section you will finish just before..well this is what I'm going to do and I aim to finish on Sunday so I can try one past paper..but as I've finished stress, I've started practising questions on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
Guys I reckon I got a B in this test now I reckon I can get a B overall however I still haven't learned conformity and abnormality, I've done stress almost. Is it possible to learn these two in under a week?

Well I've only done a bit of Unit 2 revision so I'm going to attempt it all in one week. I'm thinking it will be fine... hopefully:')
Original post by Layleexx
Omg I did the exact same thing!

you won't loose marks, critical period is the same thing as sensitive period
Original post by SEGHaynes
For some stupid reason, for the 6 mark question asking the effect of anxiety on EWT, i wrote about the Memon study (age on accuracy) do you think i still might be able to get a couple of marks?!?!

I don't think so as it specifically stated anxiety but I could be wrong
For the ao2 points for the 12 marker.
strengths were research support by tronick et al supporting bowbly that attachment and caregiving was universal.
Schaffer and Emerson supported bowlbys monotropy concept as they found the PCG was the most important.
then I wrote sroufe in a longitudinal study concluded that there was a link between secure attachment and social competence supporting bowlbys continuity hypothesis.

Weaknesses was rutter suggested the multiple attachment model where all attachments infants form were integrated into one and equal going against bowlbys concept of monotropy.
Kagen suggested the temperament hypothesis where attachment depends on temperament of child as well
and I said the learning thenry contradicts bowlbys theory as it suggested attachment forms through learning and isn't a innate and biological process.

My ao1 was good I think. I mean I think I've done enough for the ao2 but what u guys think.
Thanks
Guys I put the Minnesota case study and McCarthy case study in ao2 to support Bowlby's theory? Do you think this will gain credit?
Reply 1577
Grade boundary predictions? Higher or lower than last years?
Original post by Rik21
Grade boundary predictions? Higher or lower than last years?

I think higher as the majority of people I've spoke to found it easier but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the operationalised directional hypothesis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending