The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzi23
Here's your list of exam questions I believe... if anyone wants to elaborate/knows the exact wording then feel free to contribute!

MEMORY

Identify IV and DV [2]
Outline multi-store model [6]
Two limitations of multi store model [4]
Outline research into anxiety on EWT (including what participants did and findings) [6]
Limitation of anxiety on EWT [2]
Cognitive interview (knife attack) [4]
Directional hypothesis [2]
Outline memory improvement strategy [2]
Strengths/limitations for case studies [4]
Pilot study [4]

ATTACHMENT

Define secure attachment [2]
Strength of the strange situation [2]
Difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-resistant in SS [4]
Findings into cultural variations of attachment [4]
How to conduct a random sample [2]
Why random sample is better than volunteer sample [2]
Explain how mother would show demand characteristics in SS [2]
BPS guidelines - ethical issues of strange situation [6]
Outline and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment [12]

dentify IV and DV [2] D,A

Outline multi-store model [6] Duration, capacity, encoding of STM +LTM

Two limitations of multi store model [4] patient K.F verbal stm impaired, visual stm ok

Baddley dual task proves msm is not unitary

Outline research into anxiety on EWT (including what participants did and findings) [6] weapon focus effect loftus >> man with blood vs man with grease on his hands

Limitation of anxiety on EWT [2] ethical>> causes distress

Cognitive interview (knife attack) [4] context reinstatement, recall everything, reverse order, alternative view

Directional hypothesis [2] the group which is taught the memory improvement strategy will recall more correct items from the list of 10 than the group which is not taught the memory improvement strategy

Outline memory improvement strategy [2] method of loci

Strengths/limitations for case studies [4] non reoresentative>> cant generalise

Influentialich qualitative data

Pilot study [4]

Standaridisenstrctuins, timing, if photos are suitabke, if memory strategy is approproate

ATTACHMENT

Define secure attachment [2]parent ia used as safe base to explore, high seperation protest, stranger anxiety and happy at reuinon

Strength of the strange situation [2] lab study >controlled> replicate

Difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-resistant in SS [4] avoidant doesnt care no stranger anxiety no sepration protest resistant =ambivalent high stranger anxiety and seoeration protest

Findings into cultural variations of attachment [4] van ijzendoorn kroonwnberg more variation within than between, japan=high resiatnce moatky secure all over the world, etc

How to conduct a random sample [2] names>paper>hat>pick 10 or random number generator

Why random sample is better than volunteer sample [2] is kess biased/subjective as volunteers may have motive for wanting to participate

Explain how mother would show demand characteristics in SS [2] social desirabikity bias, more care

BPS guidelines - ethical issues of strange situation [6]debrief= tell them resukts,aims od study and what it all means

Condidentitality keep ppts private deception, dont dexieve, withdrawal ket them withdraw if its too distressing

Outline and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment [12. SoMAGIC Ao2 lorenz, hazan shaver love quiz, schaffer and emmerson, hodges and tixard, lamb, ][/QUOTE
For the 6 mark EWT question could you have written about Christianson & Hubinette?
Original post by Jimmy_G123
Yes it was Hodges and Tizard who studied adopted children from institutional care ygm?

Ohh right yeah that should be completely fine.
Original post by SEGHaynes
you won't loose marks, critical period is the same thing as sensitive period

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Dhanihk
For the 6 mark question on the effect of anxiety on EWT, did Loftus' Weapon-Focus effect study count? :s-smilie:

Yeah it does
how much detail did you have to give when describing the MSM did you have to mention all of the studies behind encoding, duration and capacity e.g. baddeley, peterson and peterson? bc I felt like that was a lot of detail for just 6 marks. roughly what kind of things did you have to mention for 6 marks?
what does 100 UMS mean>??
Hey guys I have a question. Do you get mark's for any points you've put in your essay plan but didn't get a chance to write? That kinda happened to me with the Bowlby question today. I put down 3/5 points I had in my plan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shay0812
how much detail did you have to give when describing the MSM did you have to mention all of the studies behind encoding, duration and capacity e.g. baddeley, peterson and peterson? bc I felt like that was a lot of detail for just 6 marks. roughly what kind of things did you have to mention for 6 marks?

No that would be research into the MSM. You just needed to outline the theory of the MSM e.g. the sensory store, the STM and how it encodes, it's duration and capacity and the LTM and how it encodes, it's duration and capacity. Also how information is transferred and forgotten e.g. decay/displaced
Reply 1589
Original post by Kirin1
I think higher as the majority of people I've spoke to found it easier but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think it's possible for an A to be 80% and so on?
For the MSM I talked about how the model works with info being passed on to STM etc. I also mentioned the differences between capacity and encoding in STM AND LTM with the researchers but didn't go into detail with the studies?
Original post by Cfb4
What did you guys put about the difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-attachment

IA-willing to explore, don't react when mother leaves, low stranger anxiety and avoid contact on her return
IR- unwilling to explore, very distressed on separation (high separation anxiety), high stranger anxiety and both seek and reject on mothers return and not easily soothed
Guys for memory improvement, I put organisation into a story, do you think this may count?
Reply 1593
for the random sample qs i said it involves no researcher bias as all members of target population have an equal chance of selection would this get two marks?? thanks
Reply 1594
Original post by TheBlueBiro
Hey guys I have a question. Do you get mark's for any points you've put in your essay plan but didn't get a chance to write? That kinda happened to me with the Bowlby question today. I put down 3/5 points I had in my plan

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your points are sentences, possibly. If not you probably wont
Original post by kanyag
For the 6 mark EWT question could you have written about Christianson & Hubinette?

Yeah I guess you can I wrote down the study of Loftus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1596
Original post by chloenew23
what does 100 UMS mean>??

Basically full marks
80 UMS = A
70 UMS = B
60 UMS = C
Original post by Rik21
If your points are sentences, possibly. If not you probably wont

Ah too bad. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the Minnesota and McCarthy case study count when evaluating Bowlby? Please answer, thanks :smile:
Original post by NotoriousDEN
I learnt it as Loftus, but I'm sure it doesnt matter if they both done a similar piece of research.

Johnson and Scott carried out the study of the weapon focus effect but Loftus et al studied and found that eye movements do actually focus on the weapon.

For the EWT I referred to it as the Johnson and Scott study

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending