The Student Room Group

HIS2L 20th May

anyone have any predictions for the aqa his2l exam?
Original post by _sara
anyone have any predictions for the aqa his2l exam?

Possibly industrialisation as it hasn't come up for a while now (like 2 years I think).
Really hope Stalin's rise to power comes up but given it has reoccured many times it may not this time :/
Reply 2
Have attached this super helpful pdf which covers most of the content

Does anyone have any tips for the source questions?
Reply 3
Original post by computersayno
Possibly industrialisation as it hasn't come up for a while now (like 2 years I think).
Really hope Stalin's rise to power comes up but given it has reoccured many times it may not this time :/

Yeah I love the power struggle but I doubt it's going to come up. My teacher also says that the five year plans are likely to come up
Reply 4
Original post by rhysd
Have attached this super helpful pdf which covers most of the content

Does anyone have any tips for the source questions?

Thanks so much for this!!
I think with the 12 markers for the source q's it's good to start off with an overall comment on both of the sources and then Identify about 3 differences and 1 similarity.
With the 24 markers I think examiners want more of your own argument but use the sources to reinforce your ideas. :smile:
Good luck everyone.
I'm really worried about this one...mainly about not knowing enough.
How's everyone's revision going?
I think something on society/propaganda could come up as the hasn't appeared much. Definitely think something on industrialisation/NEP/5YP will come up. Maybe the power struggle will come up too because it has been on every past paper I could find.
I'm thinking social stuff as well, but I'm not sure.
Reply 8
does anyone have any predictions for the source question?
A 5YP motives question would be absolutely ideal. I definitely think the first question will be something to do with the economic policies
Really struggle with this exam, find it hard as it's not all chronological and find it really boring. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by heatheragmcd
Really struggle with this exam, find it hard as it's not all chronological and find it really boring. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!! I hate how everything overlaps and I can't learn it in sections
Reply 12
really dreading this exam, does anyone have a list of stats or something similar that they would like to share :smile: the only one i can remember is that 10 million women joined the workforce
Reply 13
Original post by rhysd
really dreading this exam, does anyone have a list of stats or something similar that they would like to share :smile: the only one i can remember is that 10 million women joined the workforce

Dreading this exam myself
7million peasant died in the Ukraine (Collectivisation),
25 thousanders from the towns to help agriculture,
20% of party members expelled in 1934
1921 ban on factions

that's all I can remember so far
(edited 8 years ago)
That's my problem jumping from one time period to another and then back again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply