The Student Room Group

who has ocr 21c b123 biology tomorrow???

kinda dreading it but i feel prepared physically just not mentally. i'm sat at the back of my school's gym so it's all good (i hate being at the front for some reason idek why??)

what topics do you guys struggle with in b123? lemme know and i'll see if i can help/understand them too???

Scroll to see replies

Haha I feel exactly the same about sitting at the front and have the biology exam tommorow too
Reply 2
Original post by Johnp1144
Haha I feel exactly the same about sitting at the front and have the biology exam tommorow too ������

Aww cool! Good luck to you! Glad it's not just me who feels intimidated at the front! I just feel like everyone watches you if you're at the front lmao ! :eek:
Original post by abbeyjayne
Aww cool! Good luck to you! Glad it's not just me who feels intimidated at the front! I just feel like everyone watches you if you're at the front lmao ! :eek:

good luck to you too! :smile: I just feel like the teacher are watching over you and seeing what your writing and it just puts me right off, is there anything your worried about for the exam?
Reply 4
good luck to you too! :smile: I just feel like the teacher are watching over you and seeing what your writing and it just puts me right off, is there anything your worried about for the exam?

Yeah I agree! It's horrible having invigilators watching over you. I hate when they lean over you too it's like ..... go away please .....

Umm probably the nitrogen cycle because I mean I understand it but not as well as everything else :smile: You?
Yeah I agree! It's horrible having invigilators watching over you. I hate when they lean over you too it's like ..... go away please .....

Umm probably the nitrogen cycle because I mean I understand it but not as well as everything else :smile: You?

I just sit there and give them black looks because in my school they walk past and start moving stuff on your desk and it gets really annoying hahaha And i was just about to say the nitrogen cycle as well and maybe homeostasis but overall i'm quite confident for it :smile:
Reply 6
I just sit there and give them black looks because in my school they walk past and start moving stuff on your desk and it gets really annoying hahaha And i was just about to say the nitrogen cycle as well and maybe homeostasis but overall i'm quite confident for it :smile:

Ahaha lol. Mine don't move stuff on your desk apart from check your ID if we have it on the desk and like look at you lol. They just look over your work and it's so annoying. Anyway, if one moved stuff on my desk, I'd just move it back xD

What about homeostasis don't you understand because I'm pretty confident on that? :smile: Also what do you think the 6MQ's will be?
Ahaha lol. Mine don't move stuff on your desk apart from check your ID if we have it on the desk and like look at you lol. They just look over your work and it's so annoying. Anyway, if one moved stuff on my desk, I'd just move it back xD

What about homeostasis don't you understand because I'm pretty confident on that? :smile: Also what do you think the 6MQ's will be?

well I've just went over it and think i'm okay with it actually but thanks :smile: it will probably be a 6 mark question on genetic testing as there almost always is, maybe the circulatory system for b2 then perhaps natural selection/ evolution for b3 im thinking. what other subjects did you take? :smile:
Reply 8
well I've just went over it and think i'm okay with it actually but thanks :smile: it will probably be a 6 mark question on genetic testing as there almost always is, maybe the circulatory system for b2 then perhaps natural selection/ evolution for b3 im thinking. what other subjects did you take? :smile:

hmm I'm thinking it'll be genetic testing/screening too for b1, b2 possibly placebos and drug trials maybe? or even homeostasis maybe? and then b3 i was kinda thinking the nitrogen cycle but i really hope not. maybe carbon cycle?

i also take geog, spanish, ict, media studies and then obviously core subj's science, english and maths :smile: you?
hmm I'm thinking it'll be genetic testing/screening too for b1, b2 possibly placebos and drug trials maybe? or even homeostasis maybe? and then b3 i was kinda thinking the nitrogen cycle but i really hope not. maybe carbon cycle?

i also take geog, spanish, ict, media studies and then obviously core subj's science, english and maths :smile: you?

yeah they could be that as well i just hate it when they word the 6 mark questions so you dont know what to write and what to leave out. i do triple science, psychology, history and ICT and of course English lang/lit and maths :smile:
Do you understand homeostasis
Reply 11
gahh this test is today
What time is your test? Mines 1;50pm-2;50pm
Original post by kxylah
gahh this test is today
What time is your test? Mines 1;50pm-2;50pm

Mine was 1.30 - 2.30 and it was quite funny cause the invigilators said we can just go home after rather than go to period 5 lmao!
Reply 13
Mine was 1.30 - 2.30 and it was quite funny cause the invigilators said we can just go home after rather than go to period 5 lmao!

Haha what time does your school finish? Mine finishes at 2:50 so it would be pretty pointless staying in school for 20 mins:tongue:
Original post by kxylah
Haha what time does your school finish? Mine finishes at 2:50 so it would be pretty pointless staying in school for 20 mins:tongue:

3pm so I mean 30 mins extra is no biggie! And by the time we'd actually left the exam room, it was about 10 to 3 anyway xD
Reply 15
3pm so I mean 30 mins extra is no biggie! And by the time we'd actually left the exam room, it was about 10 to 3 anyway xD

My exam finished late due to a girl in my exam hall fainting. Felt sorry for her but she wasn't suppose to be in school anyways due to her illness but she came anyways for the exam :s-smilie:
Original post by kxylah
My exam finished late due to a girl in my exam hall fainting. Felt sorry for her but she wasn't suppose to be in school anyways due to her illness but she came anyways for the exam :s-smilie:

Oh dear, nightmare! My friend faints at blood and she said to me that she had to take a 5 min breather on the question about the lumen and the area of it question because she said she felt like she was gonna faint. We had a pause at the start of our exam (way to cure the nerves, right?!) because some Foundation students required a Higher paper.
Reply 17
Oh dear, nightmare! My friend faints at blood and she said to me that she had to take a 5 min breather on the question about the lumen and the area of it question because she said she felt like she was gonna faint. We had a pause at the start of our exam (way to cure the nerves, right?!) because some Foundation students required a Higher paper.

ahaha i love blood and stuff so that question was perfection for me :biggrin: and loool a bit unorganised isn't it?? Our papers were already laid out on the desk
idk if this is just me but i always measure my heart rate by putting my fingers on my neck or something before the exams, idk why its so relaxing and people just give me these weird looks looool
Original post by kxylah
ahaha i love blood and stuff so that question was perfection for me :biggrin: and loool a bit unorganised isn't it?? Our papers were already laid out on the desk
idk if this is just me but i always measure my heart rate by putting my fingers on my neck or something before the exams, idk why its so relaxing and people just give me these weird looks looool

Oh I'm not squeamish either and I've never fainted so I don't expect it at all either :cool:

Haha, no they had the papers out but like some students had the wrong papers I mean! :tongue: Fair enough, I just go on my phone and use my VPN app to access stuff like Facebook and Twitter to calm myself down! :smile:
Reply 19
Oh I'm not squeamish either and I've never fainted so I don't expect it at all either :cool:

Haha, no they had the papers out but like some students had the wrong papers I mean! :tongue: Fair enough, I just go on my phone and use my VPN app to access stuff like Facebook and Twitter to calm myself down! :smile:

Ohh haha!! We had to share our hall with the year 10s taking the modular exam.. they're so immature, this one guy kept picking the table up and making weird noises :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending