The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology GCSE Unit 1 2015

Hi guys,

I just done my aqa sociology gcse exam today for uit 1. I am just wondering how everyone found it. To be honest I found it quite difficult compared to the past papers. What do you think you got?

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
Tbh I have been getting a*'s all year in my mocks and was 3 marks off full marks on last 2 mocks and I found this exam really difficult compared to all the other years past papers. I had no idea about sanctions and found the family 12 mark questions absolutely awful :frown: Just hoping everyone else found it just as difficult
Reply 2
I honestly thought this was the hardest sociology paper I have ever seen! The two 12 mark questions were very specific and awful 😞 I had to guess most of the answers eg what is meant by materialization of education?
Reply 3
the question was marketization of education. that was basically to talk about league tables and how schools are rank am so nervous... i didnt get to finish the exam. i ran out of time. i agree the questions were well awful
Reply 4
Original post by sunstarsm00n
Hey,
Tbh I have been getting a*'s all year in my mocks and was 3 marks off full marks on last 2 mocks and I found this exam really difficult compared to all the other years past papers. I had no idea about sanctions and found the family 12 mark questions absolutely awful :frown: Just hoping everyone else found it just as difficult

Tell me about it. I literally hated the questions especially the Studying Society one. I would say this was the hardest paper compared to all the past papers. The questions were not nice. I have been getting 71-79 but I think I done really bad. :frown: Which 12 mark question did you do for the Family question?
Reply 5
Original post by RachelT11
I honestly thought this was the hardest sociology paper I have ever seen! The two 12 mark questions were very specific and awful ������ I had to guess most of the answers eg what is meant by materialization of education?

Same I think this was the hardest sociology paper. I was panicking during the exam and I couldn't finish the 12 markers because I ran out of time.I had no idea of sanctions and the government policies question. Are you ready for Unit 2 on Thursday?
Reply 6
Original post by kaash19
the question was marketization of education. that was basically to talk about league tables and how schools are rank am so nervous... i didnt get to finish the exam. i ran out of time. i agree the questions were well awful

Same, I had to guess most of the questions because I was so confused. I ran out of time as well so I couldnt finish the 12 markers.
Reply 7
Are you guys ready for Sociology Unit 2?
Reply 8
so nervous for unit 2... which three topics have you guys choosen to do?
Reply 9
That unit 1 test was 😥😥
Reply 10
Original post by kaash19
so nervous for unit 2... which three topics have you guys choosen to do?

Hope Unit 2 is not hard. I am doing Mass media, crime and deviance and social inequality. You?
Reply 11
im doing the same topics!
Reply 12
Original post by Hboudali
How many marks can I lose and still get an A* roughly.
I have a feeling they're going to lower the grade boundaries this year.
Also i think questions are going to do more with politics because of the general election this year idk though

It seems like everyone found it hard so it probably will be lower. Normally to get an A* you need between 71-77 out of 90 but I doubt I got anywhere near that. :'(
Reply 13
Original post by kaash19
im doing the same topics!

How are you revising for sociology? Are you doing past papers or just reading off the text book?
Reply 14
i am doing past papers& going on youtube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Most people found it difficult :eek:so...fingers crossed grade boundaries go down!:redface:
Reply 16
Original post by kaash19
i am doing past papers& going on youtube

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am doing past papers. Which youtube channel do you use? Can you send me the link? I have tried to find sociology videos but couldn't find any. :/
Reply 17
Original post by Meera_J
Most people found it difficult :eek:so...fingers crossed grade boundaries go down!:redface:

It was very difficult. I didn't expect it to be that hard. :'( I hope you only need 60/90 to get an A*. lol
Reply 18
Original post by gcses2015
Yeah I am doing past papers. Which youtube channel do you use? Can you send me the link? I have tried to find sociology videos but couldn't find any. :/

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCp8TJ_SuF2k9CpT5WqwPHjA
go to his playlist and pick a topic he basically goes through each in detail. HELPED ME ALOTTT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by kaash19
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCp8TJ_SuF2k9CpT5WqwPHjA
go to his playlist and pick a topic he basically goes through each in detail. HELPED ME ALOTTT

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omgg thank you so much!! Hope we all smash the exam on Thursday! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending