The Student Room Group

OCR Psychological Investigations exam today 11th

anyone who done the ocr psychological investigations exam today, was section B (observation) when it asked to identify the sampling method, was it opportunity or event?!?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Bloody hell that paper was so so so so hard and I was told by my teacher id get an A :'( it was opportunity because they used the participants most convenient to them at the time. How did you find it?
And no way can 52 be an A this year!!!!
Original post by priceyyy27
Bloody hell that paper was so so so so hard and I was told by my teacher id get an A :'( it was opportunity because they used the participants most convenient to them at the time. How did you find it?
And no way can 52 be an A this year!!!!

yeah it was really hard, i'm retaking it from last year and this one was harder there was so many trick questions. Yeah i didn't think it could be anything other than opportunity sampling but then i've been reading whats on here and maybe it could be event? because usually in the scenario that they give it would tell you that they approached the participants but it didn't so i guess it was a covert observation... and ah i definatley have not got an A, i don't even think i got a C :frown:
I know for example the last section was crazy, and nah nah it can't be come on? and yeah it can be a covert oppurtunity sample because they still used people around, as long as you justified it its calm. And nahh you should be alright :biggrin:
Reply 4
so for section c procedure question i did a field experiment where i wrote particpants witness a person falling over a bus. soon after they were handed a questionaire. asking why they didnt help etc. Is this correct ?
Original post by tom294
so for section c procedure question i did a field experiment where i wrote particpants witness a person falling over a bus. soon after they were handed a questionaire. asking why they didnt help etc. Is this correct ?

To start off with I did exactly what you said talking about people fall over then aother researcher observes who helped but then I soon realsied that it is a self report so I had to change it to them watching a video clip and completing a self report. I feel like what we did might be wrong BUT! you justified it more so you could possibly get the marks
Reply 6
Original post by priceyyy27
To start off with I did exactly what you said talking about people fall over then aother researcher observes who helped but then I soon realsied that it is a self report so I had to change it to them watching a video clip and completing a self report. I feel like what we did might be wrong BUT! you justified it more so you could possibly get the marks

IKR I started writing a procedure copying Pilavian study but then realised it had to be self report :/. Luckily i had some spare time to retain some marks from the question
Reply 7
I did the same! I wrote on my procedure basically based on the piliavin study however with no observers, and at the end, people went around and handed out questionnaires for the passengers to fill out, I think I did it wrong though:/ and for the section B question its event because event is a method and opportunity is a technique (not a method) but I put opportunity :frown: :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Janeh333
I did the same! I wrote on my procedure basically based on the piliavin study however with no observers, and at the end, people went around and handed out questionnaires for the passengers to fill out, I think I did it wrong though:/ and for the section B question its event because event is a method and opportunity is a technique (not a method) but I put opportunity :frown: :frown:

well you may still marks as your included self report in your method and still get up 5 marks for evaluation. For the sampling technique they may accepts opportunity was the question was very vague. i wrote event sampling still don't if this is right tho.
:confused:
Original post by tom294
well you may still marks as your included self report in your method and still get up 5 marks for evaluation. For the sampling technique they may accepts opportunity was the question was very vague. i wrote event sampling still don't if this is right tho.

can you remember what the question was. sampling technique or sampling method
Reply 10
Original post by tom294

I hope I still get marks:frown: I just really want an A grade:frown: that's true, the examiners might accept opportunity as the majority of the students answered opportunity, I'm sure event sampling it correct :biggrin::smile:
Reply 11
Original post by veryscared123
can you remember what the question was. sampling technique or sampling method

it was definitely sampling method :s-smilie:
it was definitely sampling method :s-smilie:

so event is a method right
Reply 13
so event is a method right

Yeah I researched what it would be and the Internet kept saying that event was a sampling method and opportunity was a sampling technique :frown:
Yeah I researched what it would be and the Internet kept saying that event was a sampling method and opportunity was a sampling technique :frown:

this question drive my crazy today,i have already lost 5 marks i don't want to lose another 6 marks
Reply 15
this question drive my crazy today,i have already lost 5 marks i don't want to lose another 6 marks

same here! What did you loose 5 marks on? I'm sure youll be fine :smile:
for the last 2 question ,i didn't really wanted to waste a lot of time so i quickly wrote about sample size but later realised that i should have done a semi structured interview as i used a questionnaire for my procedure for the 10 mark question
Reply 17
for the last 2 question ,i didn't really wanted to waste a lot of time so i quickly wrote about sample size but later realised that i should have done a semi structured interview as i used a questionnaire for my procedure for the 10 mark question

What was the question again? Was it changes or a change to help improve the ethics of the procedure? All I remember was putting up a poster on the train to inform that an experiment was happening sometime, making sure there was informed consent but I think it was wrong:frown: :confused:
it was something like make one change that could be made in the procedure but it still should be a self report
What was the question again? Was it changes or a change to help improve the ethics of the procedure? All I remember was putting up a poster on the train to inform that an experiment was happening sometime, making sure there was informed consent but I think it was wrong:frown: :confused:

i think you you talking about the ethics question,that was not the last question,so you answer looks fine,i talked about debriefing them when they leave the bus but your answer sound better than mine
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending