The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

For the 2 marker on demand characteristics in the strange situation I said that a mother may show exceptionally warm and comforting behaviour to her child i.e. picking them up when she returns so the child may seem to be securely attached.. Does that sound okay or too far fetched?

And the 2 marker on obtaining a random sample of children for an experiment, I put that the psychologist could put names of the kids 12-18 months into a hat and select a name 10 times.. Sounds too simplified but we've always been taught that as a fall back that's a simple way of doing random sampling? Does that sound decent?

I'm really worried I've lacked on the short answer questions. I completely blanked on the pilot study question and ethics in the strange situation too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised my textbook is wrong and said loftus did the weapon focus effect. I described the study in detail but I used the wrong name, will I now not get any marks for this question?
Does anyone have good notes on unit 2 because my notes are not good enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Johnson and Scott devised the actual field experiment. However, Loftus et al used eye tracking to kind of extended this research.

I personally wrote Loftus et al so hopefully, no/minimal marks are lost.
Original post by yoiamyoyo
For anxiety on EWT, I wrote about Loftus et al's eapon focus effect as the 6 marker. But when I read the following question, I read it as "Give limitation of research into anxtiey of EWT"
I wrote about ethical issues due to most real-life anxiety studies.
Should I have written a limitation on MY given study?

I wrote that as well
Original post by emmacls12
I just realised my textbook is wrong and said loftus did the weapon focus effect. I described the study in detail but I used the wrong name, will I now not get any marks for this question?

You don't get any marks for naming the researcher anyway
Are the grade boundaries everyone is taking about just for one paper or would that have to be your overall mark. E.g to get 60 for an A, your two papers total up to this? Or do you need 60 on just paper 1?
Reply 1647
Original post by misscody123
Does the Minnesota and McCarthy case study count when evaluating Bowlby? Please answer, thanks :smile:

Yep! As long as you linked them back to parts of Bowlby's theory then those are good ones to use :smile:
Original post by hanewie123
Are the grade boundaries everyone is taking about just for one paper or would that have to be your overall mark. E.g to get 60 for an A, your two papers total up to this? Or do you need 60 on just paper 1?

Yup, normally its 60/72 for unit 1
So is this a valid limitation of research on anxiety

Ethical issues need to be considered such as protection of participants due to stressful situations because of the presence of a weapon may cause distress

Also for you who are asking for the directional hypothesis the correct answer is THERE WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY MORE words recalled using memory strategy improvements than not that would get 2 marks

Also a limitation of the multi store model i wrote that the model is over complicated or over simplified as it is more complicated than what it needs to be such as the features and the movement of the memory would that get me 2 marks
I think we need to stop talking about it guys what's done is done. Shift the concentration to unit 2 and your other exams
Original post by saran12
I think we need to stop talking about it guys what's done is done. Shift the concentration to unit 2 and your other exams

I agree. Does anyone have any predictions on the 12 marker in unit 2? :colondollar:
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Yup, normally its 60/72 for unit 1

this isn't true. I've looked at the boundaries for the past few years and the highest I saw was 57/72 :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Micxael
You don't get any marks for naming the researcher anyway

So I'll still get the marks?
I know I'm late, should've asked yesterday but can someone just help me out. Yesterday during this exam, I felt as though my hands weren't working properly. I couldn't even hold the pen straight and it felt as though it was taking me absolute ages to write (I spent 20 minutes on the first page just writing about the msm which is not normal). I changed pens constantly, was feeling extremely fidgety and my hands were sweating badly.. It's never happened to me before so is this normal? Also to add I didn't finish my 12 marker, I was just about to start ao2 when we had 5 minutes left and I wrote 3 sentences in these 5 minutes, so thats 6 marks defo down the drain :frown:
Okay few questions and then I will shut up and focus on unit 2...

Would it be okay if for the 12 marker i wrote;
Bowlbys theory (including monotropy, internal working model, critical period etc) then supported him with Lorenz's study with the geese and imprinting saying it supports critical period and then criticised him with Genie who was able to reverse the effects of not forming an attachment when Bowbly said it was 'irreversibly broken?' And then evaluated the case study?
I didn't evaluate bowlby as I couldn't think of anything. Scared now because I don't think this got enough marks. Can anyone make a guess?

Also, for the anxiety question I wrote about Clifford and Scott showing the 2 videos, one violent and one non violent, I feel like no one else has put this:/... and then said about weapon focus. Is this okay?

Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
My psychology teacher just told me, that as long as the study was written correctly you don't have to have the right name
Reply 1657
That was a different question... there was also a 4 marker on the strengths/ weaknesses of case studies, as well as, one on pilot studies (which I'm pretty sure was either a 4 or 6 marker)...

What you put was right tho, I did the same here.
Original post by SunDun111
Guys I reckon I got a B in this test now I reckon I can get a B overall however I still haven't learned conformity and abnormality, I've done stress almost. Is it possible to learn these two in under a week?

I really need to revise Unit 2, I'm okay on Conformity, done a little bit of stress, but I'm just going to do solid Unit 2 revision this weekend and hope for the best...
Original post by stillsoul
For the operationalised directional hypothesis question I put "Those who use a memory strategy will recall more words than those who do not use a memory strategy". How many marks of the two would I get for that?

That is what I wrote, I didn't specify the specific memory improvement strategy either...

Do you think we can still get 2 marks or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending