The Student Room Group

WJEC AS History

Hey guys, anyone else doing this exam on Wednesday? Anyone else really nervous for it? Who's doing Britain 1880-1980?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
i'm re-sitting it! help mee!
Reply 2
I'm doing Britain 1880-1980 too! It's so boring!! Good luck! I hope they give good questions... I hope they don't do something like 'Why was there a need for Social reform'! Are you doing French Revolution as HY2??
Reply 3
What are the key points that you guys have to learn about? Mine are suffrageettes, liberal reforms (kill me now) and the firat world war! And for HY2 we're doing nazi germany! :smile: good luck to you too!
Reply 4
Do you have a list of questions they could ask for part a British?
Reply 5
Original post by Daedalys
I'm doing Britain 1880-1980 too! It's so boring!! Good luck! I hope they give good questions... I hope they don't do something like 'Why was there a need for Social reform'! Are you doing French Revolution as HY2??

Nazi Germany!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody doing the 1780-1832 protest period and the 1815-1848 for politics?
Reply 7

Need for reform?
Growth of New Unionism
Boer War
Booth and Rowntree
Growth of Labour Party
National efficiency

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by JDHOrchard
Hey guys, anyone else doing this exam on Wednesday? Anyone else really nervous for it? Who's doing Britain 1880-1980?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by loisie6
i'm re-sitting it! help mee!

Original post by emmmmmm
Do you have a list of questions they could ask for part a British?

Hey guys, hope the revision is going ok. If it helps there are loads of notes, flashcards, quizzes and mindmaps for AS History on the student room here - you can filter them by topic on the left hand side. Good luck everyone!
Reply 9

Need for reform?
Growth of New Unionism
Boer War
Booth and Rowntree
Growth of Labour Party
National efficiency

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think our teacher may have taught us some different things; we completely ignore growth of Labour and New Unionism! We were taught to discuss poverty, illness, Booth and Rowntree, Labour competition ("electoral rot"), national efficiency, and the burden on the Poor Law!
I just feel like reforms are my worst section out of everything! Give me General Strike, please!!!

Good luck everyone for tomorrow! Good luck especially to the people who have Maths first thing in the morning PLUS History later! We got the short straw didn't we?! :wink:

Original post by (Tom)
Hey guys, hope the revision is going ok. If it helps there are loads of notes, flashcards, quizzes and mindmaps for AS History on the student room here - you can filter them by topic on the left hand side. Good luck everyone!

oh thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Yay! It's over!!! What did you guys think of it?
Thought it wasn't too bad actually - didn't like 2a) French and British relations 1902-1914 - I hadn't expected that as a question so only did about a page and a half answer! I missed the Boer war and Balkan war, which my friends mentioned!!
Reply 12
i think it went alright, having said that i didn't understand question 1a and i think i messed up my answer so i won't be surprised if i losea lot of marks for that :frown:
Original post by loisie6
What are the key points that you guys have to learn about? Mine are suffrageettes, liberal reforms (kill me now) and the firat world war! And for HY2 we're doing nazi germany! :smile: good luck to you too!

I've created a video on the Nazi Germany HY2 paper and how to tackle each question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTjwY2h7tF8

Hope it's useful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending