The Student Room Group

OCR Psychological Investigations exam today 11th

Scroll to see replies

LOOL you know as soon as I saw helping behaviour I was just regurgitating it but yeah hopefully I managed to save a few
Original post by tom294
IKR I started writing a procedure copying Pilavian study but then realised it had to be self report :/. Luckily i had some spare time to retain some marks from the question
Reply 21
Original post by veryscared123
i think you you talking about the ethics question,that was not the last question,so you answer looks fine,i talked about debriefing them when they leave the bus but your answer sound better than mine

i did that for the ethics question so it's all good :smile: but I think I put for the changes on the last question as well.. Nooo, I've just lost 5 marks:frown:
Original post by Janeh333
i did that for the ethics question so it's all good :smile: but I think I put for the changes on the last question as well.. Nooo, I've just lost 5 marks:frown:

for the ethics question i wrote about inform consent issue and this issue could be dealt by debriefing the passengers,i think i did it wrong
Original post by Janeh333

u never no u might have done it right
Reply 24
I'm getting confused, on the 10 marker ...?did it mean the reason why they don't get help when they need it or did it mean why they don't accept help
Reply 25
I'm getting confused, on the 10 marker ...?did it mean the reason why they don't get help when they need it or did it mean why they don't accept help
Reply 26
u never no u might have done it right

I'm pretty sure I've done it wrong but Ill retake next year so it's all good, just got to wait and find out the results :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by Tadiwa

The 10 marks was to investigate why people don't receive help when they need it (I'm pretty sure anyway)
so event is a method right

No, because event sampling is a technique, not a method.

An opportunity sample was the correct answer, as it asked for the method. I'm sure event sampling would be awarded zero marks.

Opportunity sample comes under methodology of psychology, so therefore by asking for the sampling method, surely they're looking for the type of sample, which here was opportunity.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, or if you're wrong, there wasn't really a significant amount of marks to be lost. But in past papers, the sampling method has always referred to the type of sample.
Original post by annieprincess
No, because event sampling is a technique, not a method.

An opportunity sample was the correct answer, as it asked for the method. I'm sure event sampling would be awarded zero marks.

Opportunity sample comes under methodology of psychology, so therefore by asking for the sampling method, surely they're looking for the type of sample, which here was opportunity.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, or if you're wrong, there wasn't really a significant amount of marks to be lost. But in past papers, the sampling method has always referred to the type of sample.

You are right, my psychology teacher has seen the exam paper and has confirmed it is opp sampling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending