The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Lol it's alright, can't expect everyone to have seen the light like I had done a few years ago.

Was a typical performance last night, I thought the arrogant Arsenal of old had finally gone. They honestly thought they could just rock up and win 3-0 kmt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi sweetheart, not sure if you remember me but it's your old friend SUG, I'd like to just point out that I am the one who showed you 'the light' and that actually it's only been just over 14 months.

Thanks sweetie have a nice day

PS I've missed you
Reply 9841
Original post by Depleted
Leinad bitter as usual

Stop baiting him he's a jack in the box

no offence to u daniel :smile: just tired of the arguments between u 2
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

Lacazette is a rapid, physical beast

y don't u just marry him already
Hi sweetheart, not sure if you remember me but it's your old friend SUG, I'd like to just point out that I am the one who showed you 'the light' and that actually it's only been just over 14 months.

Thanks sweetie have a nice day

PS I've missed you

Looooool SUG allow it, no you didn't!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RA95

Do some revision
Original post by Depleted
y don't u just marry him already

Have tried, was denied, then I cried
Reply 9845
Do some revision

Have tried, was denied, then I cried

You have an exam tomorrow, mines in a month
Original post by Peggles_*
Looooool SUG allow it, no you didn't!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did lol, before and after the 5-1 defeat at Anfield last season I was on this thread shredding Wenger for his repeated incompetence and stubbornness that's caused AFC's stagnation, and you+Zurich+every other member went full AKB mode on me. But you came round soon after the defeat to be fair to you, you can be known as my first protegée
Original post by RA95
You have an exam tomorrow, mines in a month

True

do some revision
Yes I did lol, before and after the 5-1 defeat at Anfield last season I was on this thread shredding Wenger for his repeated incompetence and stubbornness that's caused AFC's stagnation, and you+Zurich+every other member went full AKB mode on me. But you came round soon after the defeat to be fair to you, you can be known as my first protegée

Lol after the 5-1 beating I lost my mind and everyone saw that! I was a Wenger sceptic for quite some time before that game tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
And we have a game in hand against Sunderland, what is your point here?

Just that it's madness that United could conceivably finish third in the PL in spite of being so woeful for large parts of the season.
Reply 9850
True

do some revision

you first
Reply 9851
Also **** knows who's looking over this section atm but apparently I wasn't allowed to post this photo

Lacazette would be better in the short term too. He has all the attributes to succeed in PL football, and is a better player than Benteke all round. And you don't make signings, not in the least £25m signings like Benteke and Lacazette, for the short term.

Liverpool signed Adam Lallana this summer (debatable whether he was a back up to, or the first choice ahead of, Xherdan Shaqiri) and injuries meant that we immediately lost the value of his 'PL readiness', ie there's no point putting value in the 'PL experience' myth, because moving from a smaller club to a bigger club is can be just as big a change in playing style as it is across leagues. If a foreign player doesn't immediately succeed, it can more often be put down to being played in the wrong system (eg Suarez under Dalglish) or to other factors like injury, playing in a losing team etc, rather than 'not being ready for PL football'.

Lacazette is a rapid, physical beast of a striker who's excellent on the counter. I see no reason why he would struggle to adapt to the quicker transitions of this league (actually he'd probably thrive, just as Torres, Aguero, Costa did).

So this PL experience thing is, as previously stated, a giant myth.

I get where you're coming from, but he hasn't exactly proven himself against the big teams in France either. You can say it's a myth, but a lot of players still take a seasom to adapt, bar a few rare example.

I don't think it matters either way, Lacazette isn't going to leave anyway as he has already said 10 times. We need a striker for next season (as do you). And like I've said, we all know Wengs would play him out on the wing anyway, we need an out and out physical goalscorer who can't play on the wing, Benteke is the main option there imo.

If Lacazette continues playing at this level next season then I'd take him in a heartbeat, but as it is the only thing I can see happenning is Wengs playing him out of position to accomodate Giroud
Original post by RA95

I haven't responded to him all week if you haven't realised...
Reply 9854
Bagsie making next thread if Acorns isnt around

das sik brah keep it up!
Original post by Mackay
Just that it's madness that United could conceivably finish third in the PL in spite of being so woeful for large parts of the season.

I don't see ut happening, and you're clearly forgetting how **** we were before Christmas. Tbh only Chelsea haven't been complete **** out of the top 6
Original post by RA95
Bagsie making next thread if Acorns isnt around

das sik brah keep it up!

Thank brah 'preciate it, the difference is that when Shawn blocked Sheddy he kept mentioning him everytime he posted, I haven't so it's probably gone under the radar
Reply 9857
Thank brah 'preciate it, the difference is that when Shawn blocked Sheddy he kept mentioning him everytime he posted, I haven't so it's probably gone under the radar

Gonna PM u somethink

Also thoughts on next weeks game guys?
I get where you're coming from, but he hasn't exactly proven himself against the big teams in France either. You can say it's a myth, but a lot of players still take a seasom to adapt, bar a few rare example.

I don't think it matters either way, Lacazette isn't going to leave anyway as he has already said 10 times. We need a striker for next season (as do you). And like I've said, we all know Wengs would play him out on the wing anyway, we need an out and out physical goalscorer who can't play on the wing, Benteke is the main option there imo.

If Lacazette continues playing at this level next season then I'd take him in a heartbeat, but as it is the only thing I can see happenning is Wengs playing him out of position to accomodate Giroud

Goals are goals. And Lacazette has 23 non penalty goals this season. Goals against big teams are usually more reliant on the quality of one's team, than the quality of the striker, see Luis Suarez at Liverpool, then Barcelona.

Yes, and a lot of players from British clubs take longer to adapt to a big club/never adapt as well. Wenger wouldn't play him on the wing. He's a striker. He doesn't have the work rate to play on the wing for you. The only reason that Welbeck is played on the wing is because he's **** up front. I've already had a discussion Lacazette's career progression and why he's a great bet to continue scoring heavily for the rest of the decade, so there's no 'if he continues playing at this level' necessary.

Ok pal, you quoted me 3 times in a row like a few days ago #obsessed

Latest