The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? 2015 A-level exam epic discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zkrjebril
I did context B, got in plenty of analysis and no conclusion ffs might scrape an A :rolleyes:
Gonna drop econ but a fourth A would have looked great, considering how ECON2 is SOLIDD

I'm aiming for an A overall in econ but unit 1 was a bit of a slip up. I'm stronger in unit 2 so I just gotta hope its enough to put me up to an A.
Original post by Heffalump .
Absolute gift that question:':wink: annoyed that there was absolutely nothing on P and S waves though -.- and not much on plate margins... All that revision wasted:':wink:

I know so annoying -.- the 8 marker was quite good 😊
Reply 22
OCR geography was OK, although the river short answer questions were a bit iffy. Glad the 9 marker was nice, and I loved the coasts essay!
Original post by laeffy
Econ 1 was mixed. Some nasty questions in the multiple choice, twelve markers both were weird. Both 5 markers and 8 markers easy as usual. One of the essays was terrible and I pity anyone who did it (the one on inequality).

Do you mean the one of housing differences? Cause that was ace, the cross rail was a pooohead
Reply 24
Since the syllabuses are changing this year, does it mean that we are not allowed re-sit our AS Levels if we were to fail??:damnmate:
Original post by Lily_May97
I know so annoying -.- the 8 marker was quite good 😊

Yeah that was good, but for the 'volcanic activity' bit, I only talked about Kimberlite pipes..:L I didn't mention anything about magma erupted at MOR's, so I might have lost a mark or two.. >:frown: but hey ho:P
yeah the whole thing was focused on continental drift -.- they just asked similar questions over and over so I thought it did it wrong:')
Reply 26
How did anyone do on the last question, finding the area of the triangle?
Reply 27
How was everyone's maths exams today? :awesome:
Original post by isaact
Since the syllabuses are changing this year, does it mean that we are not allowed re-sit our AS Levels if we were to fail??:damnmate:

My teachers have told me that they will probably run "legacy" papers specifically for resits... I really hope this is the case especially for the way I think some papers may end up going...
Did anyone else do the OCR F963/02 British History Enquiries paper today (England and A New Century)? From who I spoke to they said they found it difficult to group the sources for part b. I went for B,C & E agree that determined leadership was the most important but A and D disagree. What did you guys do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lallabuu
Guys what did you put for the question about strengths of Strange Situation or something like that?

I said that:

Although it has been found to be innacurate in other cultures, it is the only measure of human attachment we have that is widely used to assess attachment type in infants.

I cant remember the rest.xD
Reply 31
Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by batmanaruto
Exam subject: maths C1
Exam board: edexcel
As or a2:as

Got 64/75 so not bad after checking unofficial mark scheme

Can you post the link for the unofficial mark scheme please :biggrin:
Original post by georgewilson97
Can you post the link for the unofficial mark scheme please :biggrin:

Original post by Maki.98
Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme?

Hey, we've been listing unofficial mark schemes as they come out in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3323087&goto=newpost

Unofficial mark schemes are a community effort so look out for them around the forum and contribute in making them if you can :biggrin: :woo:

Good luck with the rest of your exams

:bl:
Reply 34
Original post by Hannie Rose
Exam Subject: German listening, reading and writing
Exam Board: OCR
A Level or AS Level: AS
:frown: It'll be a miracle if I do any better than last year

That was awful. That response ""what and how will you eat in the future" 40 makrs for that. Are the examiners f**king mad? What sort of BS is that!?
you are able to tell the infants attachment type with the mother
Reply 36
Original post by nayana71
Exam subject : Economics unit 1
Exam board: AQA
AS or A2 : AS

:s-smilie: wrote on the question paper rather than the stupid sheet they gave probably just lost 25 marks great!

Done the exact same for Core 1 maths, only realised in the last ten minutes 😩 probably lost a lot of method marks too :frown:((
Reply 37
Original post by megan*kate
Exam subject: maths c1
Exam board: OCR MEI
AS or A level: as

😕 some of those section bs were hard! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 11&12 especially
Reply 38
Original post by Sophieec98
Exam Subject: Philosophy
Exam Board: OCR
A Level or AS Level: AS

Not good - I think I messed up :/

Yeah it was hard - which questions did you do?
Original post by lucyx
Yeah it was hard - which questions did you do?

I chose the Teleological argument, and Aristotle because the other two were just big no's haha xD How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest