The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Unit 1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

How many pages in total for the essays?
I did 8. What did u talk about for the 10 marker on why mitigation strategies are spreading
I found it really hard!
I did question 10, I forgot to mention any named examples in part b), do you think it will matter?? ://
Reply 144
I thought it was a good paper I did Q9. Did anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Original post by robbie.metzger
I did 8. What did u talk about for the 10 marker on why mitigation strategies are spreading

So did I. I mainly talked about how China/India is beginning to realise the problems of pollution and smog due to their factories and cars and so are taking steps to mitigate this.

However, I'm a bit worried that I wrote roughly the same amount for part a and b!
Original post by Archdukes
Who Question 9 masterrace here?

Reasons behind global connectedness - switched on/switched off? i did this question. 15 marker - OPEC OECD NAFTA ASEAN EU and reasons like trade blocs free trade, free movement, migration, EU created due to not wanting another world war. Security etc.
I did Q9 too, the exam was easy the only issue was my time management for me.
what was that
Reply 149
I found the question asking about what consumers could do apart from, buying local.

I mentioned:
(a) Displaying food miles
(b) Reducing packaging
But could not think of anything else!
Original post by ola3531
I thought it was a good paper I did Q9. Did anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also did question 9! thought i was the only one
did you mention trade blocs in part b?
Reply 151
Original post by beachelsea
I also did question 9! thought i was the only one
did you mention trade blocs in part b?

Yeah I talked about OPEC, EU, NAFTA , G8 and then mentioned that global groupings are also formed on the basis of levels of development/wealth and so I talked about the NICs/BRICs and LDCs

What did you talk about ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sxxxxt
I found the question asking about what consumers could do apart from, buying local.

I mentioned:
(a) Displaying food miles
(b) Reducing packaging
But could not think of anything else!

I also mentioned using biofuels and recycling and reusing.
Original post by ola3531
Yeah I talked about OPEC, EU, NAFTA , G8 and then mentioned that global groupings are also formed on the basis of levels of development/wealth and so I talked about the NICs/BRICs and LDCs

What did you talk about ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I talked about opec, oecd, g8, g20 and also ldc,medc,nic but i forgot brics! also mentioned nafta and eu but ran out of time to develop them :/ found this question to be very weird compared to past globalization ones
Reply 154
"Explain how human activities contribute to the enhanced greenhouse effect" [15 Marks].

I only mentioned atmospheric pollutants trapping more heat at ground level and I didn't mention anything else as I forgot the other one. I then went on about the tipping point, positive feedback loops and what would happen if.

How many marks do you think I have gotten and did anyone else do the same thing. I forgot about the other one and wrote a paragraph about something which the question wasn't asking about.

Thoughts anyone??
Reply 155
Original post by beachelsea
I talked about opec, oecd, g8, g20 and also ldc,medc,nic but i forgot brics! also mentioned nafta and eu but ran out of time to develop them :/ found this question to be very weird compared to past globalization ones

Yeah ! The best globalisation question would have been winners and losers. I love that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ola3531
Yeah ! The best globalisation question would have been winners and losers. I love that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah exactly, or the one that asks about how certain factors accelarate globalization, or the impacts etc. oh well hopefully the grade boundaries will be low
Guys for question 8 part a) I wrote countries are starting to experience more effects of climate change such as in Japan and goverments are more convinced that they have to use mitigation. India China and other countries are now more developed and so could use more mitigational strategies without much upfront costs to the economy. Fossil feuls dwindiling so countreis such as the Uk forced to use renewable energy to provide for the energy damand and that treaties and organisations have made it easier for the world to mitigate e.g if china needs to emit more it can buy unused emisions from countreis that have mitigated.
I found section A harder then some years tho
could anyone post an unofficial markscheme
Hey, what did you guys write about the fairtrade question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending