The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy_G123
For the 12 marker for A02 i used the study of Hodges and Tizard for a study against the concept of Bowlbys Critical period, is this correct and will i get marks for it?!?!?!!?

Yeah i wrote about Hodges and Tizard too except the study they conducted SUPPORTED the critical period????
Original post by victoria1998
That is what I wrote, I didn't specify the specific memory improvement strategy either...

Do you think we can still get 2 marks or not?

I did this as well but didn't specify which strategy :/
Guys has anyone got a Dropbox or something to the actual paper or an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by dw1996
It needed to be operationalised. e.g.

'Students who use acronyms to recall the list of 10 words in order will remember significantly more than students who use the method of Loci.'

Damn. Think I put:

'Participants who use memory improvement strategies (method of loci) will correctly recall more words then participants who did not use memory improvement strategies'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilialucy
Damn. Think I put:

'Participants who use memory improvement strategies (method of loci) will correctly recall more words then participants who did not use memory improvement strategies'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I put too :frown: I put a time frame also
Any predictions for the psya2 12 marker(s)??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilialucy
Damn. Think I put:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's correct, the experiment was on the efficiency on one memory improvement strategy, so you can't talk about two.
any unofficial markschemes?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
That's what I put too :frown: I put a time frame also

me too - I put ''students who use the narrative method will recall more words correctly than those who just merely memorise the words''

Is this incorrect? :frown:
Original post by marsbar135
me too - I put ''students who use the narrative method will recall more words correctly than those who just merely memorise the words''

Is this incorrect? :frown:

I think it's correct :frown:
Even if it isn't still get a mark for the directional part
For the question on research into anxiety on EWT did anyone else use Peters 1988? This was about anxiety and accuracy of recall in EWT but no one else seems to have used this study, do you think I could still get marks?

Also for the question on strengths of Strange Situation I panicked and said it this study by Ainsworth is one of the most influential and important studies on attachment and is therefore valid- do you think I could scrape the 2 marks for this....?
This is wrong.
The highest it has been in the last few years is 55/72, there is no way that it would be much higher, especially as high as 60.
There will be students, although the /seemingly/ easy paper, who will only be able to access the lower grade/bands, thus having to keep the grade boundaries reasonable.
The paper, although seemingly easy, can mean that marking is harsher plus, it was actually a paper open to many stupid mistakes.
Original post by arthursaskia
For the question on research into anxiety on EWT did anyone else use Peters 1988? This was about anxiety and accuracy of recall in EWT but no one else seems to have used this study, do you think I could still get marks?

Also for the question on strengths of Strange Situation I panicked and said it this study by Ainsworth is one of the most influential and important studies on attachment and is therefore valid- do you think I could scrape the 2 marks for this....?

Peters is valid; more participants were able to identify the researcher than the nurse; due to the heightened levels of anxiety that come with the needle!

SS question is a bit ambiguous. Probably one mark in there?
Original post by arthursaskia

But how is it valid just because its an important study? Did you provide evidence maybe like mention about the meta-analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marsbar135
I know I'm late, should've asked yesterday but can someone just help me out. Yesterday during this exam, I felt as though my hands weren't working properly. I couldn't even hold the pen straight and it felt as though it was taking me absolute ages to write (I spent 20 minutes on the first page just writing about the msm which is not normal). I changed pens constantly, was feeling extremely fidgety and my hands were sweating badly.. It's never happened to me before so is this normal? Also to add I didn't finish my 12 marker, I was just about to start ao2 when we had 5 minutes left and I wrote 3 sentences in these 5 minutes, so thats 6 marks defo down the drain :frown:

Don't worry, I've had this problem today in my Geography exam. I didn't do two 15 markers (like a quarter of the paper!) and it was awful!

EDIT: I actually cried after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pagorai
But how is it valid just because its an important study? Did you provide evidence maybe like mention about the meta-analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I was really pushed for time, so in a panic I didn't think to mention meta-analysis to back my point up...So I imagine I've dropped a mark or two with that question
Original post by billymccreith
Peters is valid; more participants were able to identify the researcher than the nurse; due to the heightened levels of anxiety that come with the needle!

SS question is a bit ambiguous. Probably one mark in there?

Ah okay thank you, that is reassuring. And yes, I think my SS answer is probably too vague, so I imagine only one mark.
Does anyone know what to include for A02 on a 12 marker on types of conformity??
There was a question in this paper about case studies right? or I have a written the wrong thing
Reply 1679
Original post by tobeobi
There was a question in this paper about case studies right? or I have a written the wrong thing

Yeah it was something like give one strength and one limitation of a case study

Quick Reply

Latest