The Student Room Group

Retaking 2016

well i am going to retake my AS levels next year, will i be able to do it in college? i haven't even applied
i don't know whats going to happen with my life anymore
its
down
the
drain.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rolla_hz
well i am going to retake my AS levels next year, will i be able to do it in college? i haven't even applied
its
down
the
drain.

I'm sure people already know me by now due to my panic attacks on TSR but same here, I'm retaking my AS levels too next year however we don't know our results yet. Finish your exams and you may be surprised :smile:
I'm definitely re-taking because I know I've messed up my third AS level and I'm doing three. I've already searched colleges and so far only Leyton Sixth form college and Bsix Brooke house college are the two I know of who are taking on repeats.
Sorry for my threads, I sound pessimistic a lot but only because this year went so badly for me. Good luck with exams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
its
down
the
drain.

Yes many people decide they either do not like their A levels and do others or simply do retakes with the A levels they are currently doing.

I had many people from my college, move to another college and restart AS with different A levels or the same, some also stayed at the college to redo the year.

However if you get the grades to get into your college next year for year 13, then your college might try and persuade you to continue to A level. I'd recommend talking to your head of year and they should help you sort it out.

Why do you wish to retake the year? (If I may ask)
Reply 3
its
down
the
drain.

which subjects do you do?
Reply 4
Original post by Cherry82
I'm sure people already know me by now due to my panic attacks on TSR but same here, I'm retaking my AS levels too next year however we don't know our results yet. Finish your exams and you may be surprised :smile:
I'm definitely re-taking because I know I've messed up my third AS level and I'm doing three. I've already searched colleges and so far only Leyton Sixth form college and Bsix Brooke house college are the two I know of who are taking on repeats.
Sorry for my threads, I sound pessimistic a lot but only because this year went so badly for me. Good luck with exams.

yeah you're quite right, i may be surprised but i highlyyyy doubt that due to the fact that ehh my grades throughout the whole year sUCK.
aw I'm sorry and i hope it gets better love and hope next year IS AWESOMEEE!!
i don't even know if there are any colleges in london near me that take on repeats :/
Reply 5
Original post by meekabu
which subjects do you do?

bio
chem
maths
eng lang&lit
Reply 6
Original post by Kat135
Yes many people decide they either do not like their A levels and do others or simply do retakes with the A levels they are currently doing.

I had many people from my college, move to another college and restart AS with different A levels or the same, some also stayed at the college to redo the year.

However if you get the grades to get into your college next year for year 13, then your college might try and persuade you to continue to A level. I'd recommend talking to your head of year and they should help you sort it out.

Why do you wish to retake the year? (If I may ask)

do you think ill be able to retake maths and chem as and a2 all in the same year?
i think i could smash english and bio, its just maths and chemistry that are really I'm so not prepared for you know?
yeah you're quite right, i may be surprised but i highlyyyy doubt that due to the fact that ehh my grades throughout the whole year sUCK.
aw I'm sorry and i hope it gets better love and hope next year IS AWESOMEEE!!
i don't even know if there are any colleges in london near me that take on repeats :/

No, if you've worked sufficiently throughout the year, I'm sure you'll do great, thank you x
I saw your comment about your struggles in only two subjects, if that's the case then that's fine as you could resit papers next year along with A2. The only thing is that this could be stressful and you can't necessarily resit your A2 papers so our grades in 2016 in August would be final. This is mainly why I'm considering re-sitting because knowing my personality, if I get stressed from all of the work I may mess up that year and even if I did take a gap year, I may not be able to change my results with A2 resits due to the reforms.
This does depend on the subject your studying too.
The two schools I mentioned, they're in London- one is in Hackney and the other is in Leyton. If you still feel the same way after results day (which we're praying for not to happen) check them out or look to see if they have any spaces. Bsix seems to be full of people who are re-sitting their A levels, they're known for that and Leyton too but it's less common. This could change by the way as every year may be different.
Finally I've found my people! I've been feeling ****-faced all year panicking about these bloody exams and they've all gone **** and I'm ****ed but I'm very glad I've finally found some other **** ups - sorry for your loss of course!! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Onion Ring
Finally I've found my people! I've been feeling ****-faced all year panicking about these bloody exams and they've all gone **** and I'm ****ed but I'm very glad I've finally found some other **** ups - sorry for your loss of course!! :smile:

looooool
damn, you've finished all your exams so early?
my first one is tomorrow...
looooool
damn, you've finished all your exams so early?
my first one is tomorrow...

Oh no I've only done two out of six so far but both have been awful and the rest won't make up for it. The papers have been so evil this year :eek:
Reply 11
aaaaghhhhhh
what subjects are ya doing?

Rolla stfu and go study you waste man. Been revising 24/7 and you think you're going to fail. Stop stressing, you'll do great.

Get your fat ass off your bed and study.

SMH WASTE MAN
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
bio
chem
maths
eng lang&lit

wow that's a hard bunch!.and your in AS year....teachers are always like you should have a balance with the subjects you choose to do..but for me im in A2.nd im doing health and social care,bio,sociology and fine art
Reply 13
Original post by Meekabu
wow that's a hard bunch!.and your in AS year....teachers are always like you should have a balance with the subjects you choose to do..but for me im in A2.nd im doing health and social care,bio,sociology and fine art

ohhhh goooodddluckkk!!!! have you applied to uni or planning to do something else?
ehh the only ones I'm struggling with is chem and maths
struggling real bad haha
Reply 14
Original post by Dinaa
Rolla stfu and go study you waste man. Been revising 24/7 and you think you're going to fail. Stop stressing, you'll do great.

Get your fat ass off your bed and study.

SMH WASTE MAN

you NUTTAAHHH
lemme shake dis booty den me do work oki d ok
ok
k
Reply 15
aahhh the stress with alevels. this time of the year is always the hardest!!!..but just try your best.your work will pay off in the end..and just think about enjoying the summer holidays!!..yayy:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 16
you NUTTAAHHH
lemme shake dis booty den me do work oki d ok
ok
k

Your typing makes me want to cry, srs :erm:
Reply 17
Original post by Dinaa
Your typing makes me want to cry, srs :erm:

I must admit dina, me too.
My writing hasn't been quite great online, this is mainly due to the fact that oh
oh wait
oh
I DONT GIVE NO FAKS
ahahahahaha
olroight
Reply 18
I must admit dina, me too.
My writing hasn't been quite great online, this is mainly due to the fact that oh
oh wait
oh
I DONT GIVE NO FAKS
ahahahahaha
olroight

Is that my birthday cake in your avi? :ahee:
Reply 19
Original post by Dinaa
Is that my birthday cake in your avi? :ahee:

nah
I'm sorry
but even if it was