The Student Room Group

Beach body and "Ride Me All Day" adverts - free [negative] publicity?

First the beach body ready advert and now the latest one is "Ride Me All day for £3" . Are these companies going for the free publicity stunt trick, at the price of tarnishing their brand? Because it is at the end of the day bad publicity.

The "Ride Me All day for £3" seems particularly unsubtle..

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2015-05-11/ride-me-all-day-bus-advert-accused-of-being-sexist/

Scroll to see replies

Funny that both campaigns featured men and women, but the massed ranks of the permanently offended chose to not mention the men and go with a sexism angle. Agendas anybody?
As suggested elsewhere, on the bus one they should have gone with a shot of a chubby naked guy, his back to us, looking over his shoulder, smiling with a wink and only wearing a ticket inspectors hat.
Now that would have gone viral. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I guess it doesn't help that the woman on that bus looks dead inside, like she just got trafficked from Buttfuk, East Europe.
Reply 3
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I guess it doesn't help that the woman on that bus looks dead inside, like she just got trafficked from Buttfuk, East Europe.

Actually sounds like it might be a place somewhere.
Original post by whorace

I Google Mapped it and it took me to Gay St, Brisbane, Australia.

Well ****.
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Think she is trying to look sexy
Reply 6
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Think she is trying to look sexy

Nah I agree she does look more dead than sexy. Prefer live ones to corpses
I saw this on a bus in Manchester the other week

I can see the bus one being pointless, I mean people aren't going to randomly start using the bus more.

But with the Protein World one, the publicity I think will work for them. For those people who buy those sorts of products, they will checking them now as well, as they know the name now. Also there is a lot of insecure girls (and guys) with the summer coming up, they will see it and perhaps get annoyed, but also have a look as they wan't to get that look.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I saw this on a bus in Manchester the other week

Have you seen the ad on tv? It featured both guys and girls, I think it's just a creative way of getting your attention.
Original post by whorace

I can't recommend hitching there with a signboard.
Original post by whorace
Nah I agree she does look more dead than sexy. Prefer live ones to corpses

Now now, she's a human being, no need to be so judgemental towards her :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by cake_lover
Now now, she's a human being, no need to be so judgemental towards her :tongue:

She's hot just looks a bit dead

IS that better
Original post by whorace
She's hot just looks a bit dead

IS that better

Yes
Reply 14
Maybe the dead inside look makes her look like a sex worker
I have no opinion on the Beach Body posters, but can't feminists express themselves without swearing? Everything is "F this" and "F you feminist that" ....
What is even the problem with this? I see no men complaining, it's only women (and a minority of women) that care about pictures of scantily clad women on adverts. No man will complain about the nude man one.
Original post by Snagprophet
What is even the problem with this? I see no men complaining, it's only women (and a minority of women) that care about pictures of scantily clad women on adverts. No man will complain about the nude man one.

In the words of Lisa Simpson:
"Isn't it anti-feminist to worry about getting fat -- OH NO that's what a fat person would say!"
It's a very successful marketing technique, it's something the gaming market has been doing ever since the first GTA and still does extensively. What's the cheapest marketing you can get? Include something controversial in your product and "leak" it shortly before release. Everybody will be taking about it and you didn't pay a penny extra.

GTA did it originally with just the nature of three game, V did it with the torture scene, MW2 had the airport level, 3 also had something. It is an oft adopted technique. Cheap controversy gets the whole relevant audience heating about it, whether that be local, national, or international.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone seen Katie Hopkins' column today? love it :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending