4 7%
5 19%
6 19%
7 11%
8 11%
9 15%
100%
Total votes: 27
Right I have been given my targets they're bad but I missed 2 years of school due to anxiety and depression Opinions?

Grades:

IT : A*
History :A*
English :C
Science :C/B
Maths :C
Geography :C
RE :C
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HighStandards
Right I have been given my targets they're bad but I missed 2 years of school due to anxiety and depression Opinions?

Grades:

What are you hoping to do afterwards?
Go college and try get A's

Grades:

I d say that's pretty good for having missed so much school
Why thank you my lady :wink:
Reply 5
Good grades. I think the key to success is being confident, hard-nosed and not being able to be knocked down so easily.
I got 3A*s & 5As I was initially happy and then came a huge backlash off of here and at home. Everything's kind of gone downhill since then. I know people who have got grades like yours and are now miles better and smarter than I am.

You don't need to search for anyone's approval or opinion. You need to be content with your grades. It really does make a difference.
Those are really good grades! I missed 2 years of school as well , but it was because my family was moving all the time . But yeah if you want to continue to college you can with those grades. But I've been told that AS levels are going to harder. Just kept revising and remember that you can destroy exams if you revise correctly.
I am highly intelligent but its just the time off school has stopped me progressing as fast as I would of :smile:
Thanks <3
Your welcome and hope you do well in college.
<3

Grades:

They are good for not being at school - all of them are at least a C and there are 2 at A*, which is very good.:smile:
Thanks for your input bro :biggrin:
Such an arbitrary thing.
I think that standards on tsr are ridiculously high. People seem to forget that 48 per cent last year didn't get 5 passes at GCSE.
So your GCSEs are good for the national average.
I reckon though you'd want to steer clear of excessively competitive universities unless you can get some kind of allowance for your personal problems.
Yeah people lie haha but that doesn't bother me as I understand I am up in the top half but I just hit an obstacle and thanks man yeah I'm trying get help :smile:
Are those targets? If so, don't count on them too much. Last year I was getting A*s all year for Business Studies in mocks and then I came out with a C. I thought that something must have gone wrong, but turns out the teacher didn't teach the course correctly. Many students in my class got grades significantly lower than their target grade too. Geography I was working at a C/D all year, then got an A in the real thing. You never know :smile: If you secure these grades for the time missed, that's pretty well done. Even if you didn't take two years off (I hope you're ok now) they would still be good grades. TSR are just full of elitists especially around securing grades where they you get a lot of people who will cry if they get a B (unless it's A-level where they need it for Uni requirements). CRY. Ridiculous, really.
(edited 8 years ago)

Grades:

You need a C in maths and English for most a level courses/jobs.

Same with Universities.
As long as you get a C and above in that and a few C's on the side it honestly doesn't matter what grades you get. Especially if your looking to go onto further education.

(unless you are looking to study a specific a level subject.
such as some courses that offer a level english may want a B, however others will accept a C as it is a respectable pass)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Are those targets? If so, don't count on them too much. Last year I was getting A*s all year for Business Studies in mocks and then I came out with a C. I thought that something must have gone wrong, but turns out the teacher didn't teach the course correctly. Many students in my class got grades significantly lower than their target grade too. Geography I was working at a C/D all year, then got an A in the real thing. You never know :smile: If you secure these grades for the time missed, that's pretty well done. Even if you didn't take two years off (I hope you're ok now) they would still be good grades. TSR are just full of elitists especially around securing grades where they you get a lot of people who will cry if they get a B (unless it's A-level where they need it for Uni requirements). CRY. Ridiculous, really.

Lol I just find it hilarious. Around September time you see loads of threads popping up entitled stuff like "What are my chances?"
Then the following being something like "I got 8 A*s and 2 As in my GCSEs and 4 A's at AS level. I'm only predicted 3 A*s and an A. Do I have any kind of chance at getting into Durham for Anthropology?"
I missed 1 year of school because of anxiety.

Maths: A*
English: B
Geography: A
ICT: A
Computer Science: A
Engineering: A
Science: A
PE: A
Well yeah but I am doing better than my targets atm and love the name :wink: and haha I bet some lie though its like everyone online seems to think they can lie and act like people would believe them but I don't lie haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest