The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Unit 1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Can some tell me the unofficial grade boundaries
Original post by qwerty123A
We basically wrote about the same things lol, I hope we get the marks:smile:

yeah i hope so :smile:
Original post by enilorac
Did anyone explain the natural greenhouse effect for question 8 b and then go on to talk about human activities leading to the enhanced greenhouse effect?

Wait question 8 was on the health issues topic wasn't it o.O?
Original post by don pedro k.
wait question 8 was on the health issues topic wasn't it o.o?

oh wait this is edexcel l0l i am aqa so sorry
Original post by sxxxxt
I found the question asking about what consumers could do apart from, buying local.

I mentioned:
(a) Displaying food miles
(b) Reducing packaging
But could not think of anything else!

Would growing your own food count? I put that and displaying the food miles, but I'm not too sure about the former...
Original post by Roscuro
Would growing your own food count? I put that and displaying the food miles, but I'm not too sure about the former...

I put showing food miles and taxing accordingly, recycled packaging and grass feeding/less machine or processed food
Not sure about the last one though
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? As low as last year?
Original post by amansharma
I put showing food miles and taxing accordingly, recycled packaging and grass feeding/less machine or processed food
Not sure about the last one though

Ah, might only get half marks for that question then. Still, better than none!:u:
yep i did!
i also talked about how natural processes would take years therefore wouldnt have an impact on me. for the human activities i talked about:tongue:opulation growth, urbanisation, farming, travel, factories and deforestation
Reply 189
I think I messed up a few of the early questions because I'm not that good with World at Risk, although I think all the going global Q's were really nice!
If anyone did Question 9 what did you put for b)?
I included EU, NAFTA, G8 G8+5 G20, OPEC and OECD - talked about trade bloc advantages, political alliances etc
Original post by Quinners7
Also for the 'name 2 short term natural causes of climate change' I originally put volcanic eruptions and solar output variations but then changed it right at the end because I didnt think they were actually short term- changed it to El Nino and La Nina but everyone else said that they put what I originally put- guess I lost out on 4 marks. Can you confirm? and condemn me to my doom

i have no ideA I FOUND THAT QUESTION HARD. i left it till the end and said about warming temperatures and sea level rise which makes me sound really dumb :frown:(
Original post by Roscuro
Ah, might only get half marks for that question then. Still, better than none!:u:

Hmm yeah it was 3 marks, i included not genetically modified in my last one so that could be credible
What did people right for the cause of high rainfall in the UK?

I put down Storm Serge and Hurricanes, was one the question I completely guessed ..
I don't remember that question o_O
Original post by DannyG1

I put down Storm Serge and Hurricanes, was one the question I completely guessed ..

I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
Floods, landslides??
Reply 195
Original post by DannyG1

You have actually scared me. I don't remember that coming up. No, no. Can someone confirm this please?
reading this thread makes me realise how many silly mistakes i've made and what i should have said:frown:
Original post by sxxxxt
You have actually scared me. I don't remember that coming up. No, no. Can someone confirm this please?

It was worded differently, correct answer was landslides.
Original post by TheStruders
I thought is said something about what is caused by high rainfall????
Floods, landslides??

Yeah i put floods and landslides too!
Original post by kaaatiiie
Yeah i put floods and landslides too!

;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending