The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2015

The TSR Eurovision vote 2015!

Another year has passed (already?) and in time-honoured tradition, the countries of Europe shall join together to play music, sing and use ridiculous props once more.

And once again honouring tradition, TSR shall be covering the event live, with votes from this thread being automatically tallied up as each act plays. Will we decide the winner? Will the UK get nul points again? Only time can tell. :awesome:

All the scores will show at the top of this very thread page. If you're joining us from the TSR App, then you'll need to view Nul Points in a separate page instead.

*TV Licence required to watch BBC live

How it works

To vote, just wait until the box at the top says "Vote now!" next to a country, then post in this thread with a rating out of ten, e.g. That was fantastic! 8/10. You don't need to say which country you're voting for, just make sure to vote at the correct time.

Voting for each song opens 30 seconds after it starts, and lasts up until the beginning of the next song. One vote per user per song (we're checking!).

Votes are also counted via Twitter. Using the same format and hashtag #eurovision, your vote will be counted alongside votes from TSR.

The best way to make sure your vote counts is post just after the song finishes. Include whatever praise or scorn you wish, but make sure you only vote once! :smile:

What are the "Rating" and "Controversy" scores?

Rating is the average of all users' scores, with some clever maths to make it a bit clearer how the songs rank. Controversy is the standard deviation of user scores, which means the more divided opinion is on a song, the higher the controversy rating is.

Can this predict the result?

We take no responsibility for any failed wagers, disappointed patriots or broken egos as a result of using this data. It's the Internet! :wink:

It's not working! Help?

Don't panic, first just try reloading the page. And remember, it might take a little while for votes to be counted up, so be patient! You can also use the "view map" button to get the full list appearing in a separate window, if you need to.

Is this thread Australia compatible?

¡sǝ⅄
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The thing at the top is making my screen go weird:s-smilie:
fricking love eurovision
When is Eurovision?
Yes! So exciting:') just hope I'm not at work when it's on! That would be a bummer.
Reply 5
Original post by Aph
The thing at the top is making my screen go weird:s-smilie:

:sad:
What browser are you using? Can you post a screenshot?

Original post by TheOrder1886
When is Eurovision?

Semi 1 is Tuesday 19th (next week), semi 2 is Thursday 21st and the final is on Saturday 23rd. :smile:
Original post by Dez

Semi 1 is Tuesday 19th (next week), semi 2 is Thursday 21st and the final is on Saturday 23rd. :smile:

And there I was going to apply for work that day, nope! I'll move it to the 24th xD
Reply 7
Original post by Dez

Safari and
Reply 8
Original post by Aph
Safari and

Oh dear, that's an iPad right? I'll see if I can get that fixed before the actual vote next week. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Dez
Oh dear, that's an iPad right? I'll see if I can get that fixed before the actual vote next week. :smile:

Yes it is, thanks:h:
Original post by Dez

Wooo.
Original post by TheOrder1886
When is Eurovision?

23rd May
Did this last year - looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 13
Wahoo :biggrin:
2 hours to go, soo exicted :smile: :smile: :h :007:
Reply 15
Updated the OP with live stream links, tonight's show will be on YouTube in HD, and also available on BBC Three (with commentary) and Eurovision.tv. Hope you're all very excited. :yep:
Nearly time 😃😃😃😃😃
I've been revising all day, so this should be a nice break!
It's STAAARRRRTTING XD cant wait
Reply 19
Stage isn't bad. Remind anyone of Big Brother though? :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest