The Student Room Group

How did you find GCSE AQA B2?

I think it went okay, what did everyone put for the magnification question and the ratio one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most in my year found it hard, but I guess it depends on the grade boundaries. I thought some of the questions were good, like the transect and the one about person 1 and person 2 exercising, but I wasn't great at the Mendel question at the end :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Not that hard:closedeyes:
Reply 3
I got 1000 for the magnification question and the ratio i got was 3:1, what did you get?
Reply 4
I put 400 for the magnification question and the ratio I was stupid and didn't realise you needed to just round it to 3:1 so I left it at 702:224 or whatever it was !
I have no idea what grade I got. I answered every question but I think the past papers that I've done were far easier. I really need an A though so fingers crossed
The magnification question I was so stupid and put 7!? I came back to it and had 5 mins to go so I rushed it! And put 3:1 for the ratio. It wasn't too tricky though but I didn't like the way the 6 mark was worded and I didn't like the question about the runners. Reckon I probably got about 40/60. But I'm not doing science next year anyway!
What did you put for the tick box questions for homozygous or heterozygous?
i was an idiot and wrote 4000 magnification it was 400 , and for the ration it was 3.15:1, decimal places were not specified but i guess it could be 3:1, what did people get for the allele question that were one after each other after mitosis i got 1 then 2
for the hetro and homo i did homo,homo, hetro as the first generation were NN and nn(hope thats right :/
i ticked the white and purple as homo and the offspring as hetero but everyones put all different things at my school
did anyone else think the 6marker was a bit strange?
Original post by Major Wilson
What did you put for the tick box questions for homozygous or heterozygous?

If I remember correctly I put heterozygous (purple parent), homozygous (white parent) and heterozygous (first offspring). I concluded that purple must be the dominant allele (so the white parent must be homozygous), and the first generation must be heterozygous otherwise all of the second generation would be one colour (self-fertilisation). Similarly, the purple parent must be heterozygous otherwise all of the second generation would be heterozygous with the dominant allele as the phenotype.

For the ratio I put 705:224, never thought about rounding; magnification 400x and I also talked about mineral replacement for the formation of the fossil. The 6 mark question was horrible, I have never done well in that style of question in mocks. Should definitely be left to ISAs IMO.
Reply 13
I think I did okay, although what did you guys answer for the Mendel question at the end and why others didn't think his studies were important?
Reply 14
Original post by techcloud14
i was an idiot and wrote 4000 magnification it was 400 , and for the ration it was 3.15:1, decimal places were not specified but i guess it could be 3:1, what did people get for the allele question that were one after each other after mitosis i got 1 then 2

ur right about the allele question
Reply 15
i tickets the boxes :
right
left
right
i think.. is that right?
Yes i got 1 and 2 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone put 47:15 for the ratio question? I found much easier than b3 which I messed up on from the start. Just passing that the grade boundaries are low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ticked the white and purple as homozygous and the offspring as heterozygous

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate ratio i never understand them so i just put 705:224 for that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending