The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Unit 1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottebagshaw
K

Knowing my look they will be ... :frown:

But they happen on an 11 year cycle, hopefully they'll credit it. I put that too
Original post by Hannah_1998
I did Q9 too, the exam was easy the only issue was my time management for me.

I'm sure you did fine but if you need to resit it - at the end of each double page spread it will tell you the total worth of the marks on the two pages you just did and that's how many minutes you need to spend on those pages. For example Question 4 (Total marks = 12) you should have spent no longer than 12 minutes.
Original post by chiarax213
But they happen on an 11 year cycle, hopefully they'll credit it. I put that too

Lets hope, fingers crossed eh? x
Original post by Manexopi
^ no I'm pretty sure it said hazard.

So worried for unit 2. I hate unit 2 so much but then I will be done with stupid geography :biggrin:

You shouldn't be, I re-sat unit 1 this year because last's year paper was horrible.
But UNIT 2 nearly all of us in our class got an A, it is easier. Also on 1 question I made all the data up and i got 9/10 :biggrin:
Original post by grammar12
If you could all message me your email address, I will send it to you, I can't attach it or send it here because the file is too large

Just had about 20 messages, didnt know it would be this popular haha, Im trying to get back to everyone quickly, if you want it, please message me your email and Ill send it over :smile:
Original post by kinkiro
I rote how it would provide more disposible income to farmers as increased profits this means that there will be a positive multiplier because more people are buying things so more businesses so more economic development closing the wealth devide gap. Then I used starbucks and their fair trade with ethiopian coffe farmers

but like I don't think thats worth 5 :frown:

Exactly what I put but without an example.
I just found a really helpful revision guide on my computer for the unit 2 (GEO2) exam on Friday (I got a high A in it last year) with case studies and general info, also some examiners tips etc. If anybody wants it, drop me a message and Ill send it to you

can i have it pls?
Original post by kaaatiiie
Yeah i put floods and landslides too!

I agree with TheStruders the question was about hazards that can be caused in the UK by high rainfall and I also put Flooding and Landslides.
for the short term climate change couldn't you put about weather records and enviromental change?
Original post by nozzer800
can i have it pls?

As I mentioned, message me with your email and I will send it over
Original post by TypicalAsian
Oh I hope success of management comes up as a field work, I am pretty confident on that. Do you think a 15 marker will come up on results and conclusions of the field work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just attached a list of all the questions (crowded coasts and rebranding places) from Unit 2 that have come up from may 2009 to june 2014 - if you do see a pattern for rebranding please let me know.
Forgot to mention - if the management comes up check wording carefully - if it says 'success of coastal management schemes/defences' write about hard or soft engineering but if the question is more about 'high-value environments' then write about areas like Studland Bay or areas with at risk habitats or world heritage sites.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Quinners7
What did people get about the June rainfall graph? I think I got 60 and 1912..maybe

I think I got 1912 but I'm not sure what I put for the other bit!
Reply 252
I found the exam was a little hard,the case studies I revised for did not come up :frown:

I did question 10, about the impacts of migration to the host country and spoke about Indian and Poland.
Really worried about Friday's exam now!

How did everyone else do?
Reply 253
Original post by HannahMFO

I remember one of my answers was 138 for the rainfall graph

for the other bit I put 138 or something like that, I originally put like 80 or something but realised it couldn't be right because the three sets of data were for the 3 highest levels of rainfall for June and there were others higher than 80
Original post by 2cool4scool
Sorry I'm a little late but what did people put for short term causes of climate change? I put volcanic eruptions which I'm pretty confident with but couldn't think of a second one so I just put El Niño/la Niña events??

I checked my revision notes and the answers were Volcanic Eruptions and something to do with Solar Output and how the Earth orbits the sun???
for the short term climate change couldn't you put about weather records and enviromental change?
Original post by salma.k
I remember one of my answers was 138 for the rainfall graph

for the other bit I put 138 or something like that, I originally put like 80 or something but realised it couldn't be right because the three sets of data were for the 3 highest levels of rainfall for June and there were others higher than 80

Ah yes now I realised I put 138 and 1912. Although I might have put 136 but I'm pretty sure I put those.
I checked my revision notes and the answers were Volcanic Eruptions and something to do with Solar Output and how the Earth orbits the sun???

ahhh crap
what did you put for the population graph? i said increased for both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending