The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

What did you think?
I'm not too sure how that went, but I know I messed up on a few questions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That fertility question though
Reply 2
That design an experiment question was so weird and unlike any others I'd seen before!

And I kind of ran out of time, the graph was weird cause I decided not to use a proper scale.
so guys lets start the discussion?
I dont know what ive done so i need this to get started fast:s-smilie:
Reply 5
it was alright I guess just really pushed for time, what did u guys get for the question on why sperm ducts and not oviducts??
Reply 6
What did you put for the cystic fibrosis questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Lola1244
it was alright I guess just really pushed for time, what did u guys get for the question on why sperm ducts and not oviducts??

Which one was that?
wait what cystic fibrosis question???
I wrote that oviducts are used in menstruation and if we remove it or cut whatever the woman will have no menstrual cycle
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
I wrote that oviducts are used in menstruation and if we remove it or cut whatever the woman will have no menstrual cycle

i put its dangerous but i honestly dont know and dont think thats right
Were there two versions of the paper of something?? I swear we didn't have ANY of those questions.
Reply 12
Original post by Lola1244

I wrote because the oviducts are less accessible, and that you have to cut two oviducts but only 1 sperm duct so the operation would take longer for females.

Original post by Coolpops
What did you put for the cystic fibrosis questions?

There wasn't a question like that? Do you mean the dogs having the recessive alleles for that border collie disease?
Original post by katemolloy

I don't think oviducts are used in menstruation, you may be getting confused with the uterus. I said that the vas deferens is a smaller tube and that it is easier to do surgery (probably cheaper too) and the oviduct is much larger which may make the surgery dangerous and lead to complications. I don't know.
I wish the grade boundaries are really low as i think everyone messed up in this paper now i better bring a 50 in paper 2 or more btw is it possible to get 55 in paper 2?
By the way there are two sperm ducts not just one (two tests remember ?)
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
I wish the grade boundaries are really low as i think everyone messed up in this paper now i better bring a 50 in paper 2 or more btw is it possible to get 55 in paper 2?

anything is possible :wink:
I seriously messed up the graph though. I drew a line graph instead of a bar chart, don't know how many marks id get for that
I did the same thing (line graph) instead of a bar. I was told you'd only lose 1 mark for that (after the exam)
Original post by robh9999
I did the same thing (line graph) instead of a bar. I was told you'd only lose 1 mark for that (after the exam)

What, seriously?? I thought I messed my exam, grades and future by drawing a line graph😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending