The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Who thought that the test today was easy. I think it was the easiest paper I have done I knew the answer to every single question and the six mark question was in a past paper (the regulation of blood glucose). What did you think of the test?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility question?
Dude/Girl I agree 100% that was the easiet question that I have done! both 6 markers were so amazing LOVE YOU edexcel
Reply 3
It was quite easy but the mutualism question just went out of my head completely. I knew about the plant and bacteria but the others went out of my head.
Reply 4
Original post by samirsheth

That was the one question that i didn't answer!

The mucus blocks the tube the sperm go through, i asked my teacher but i had no clue in the exam because we was not taught it and was not in cgp.
Reply 6
Yeah, didn't see it in any text books so I just wrote about mucus- hope that will get me a mark at least. Also, what did you guys write for the pH in the lake question, I was done for...
Reply 7
Yeah, didn't see it in any text books so I just wrote about mucus- hope that will get me a mark at least. Also, what did you guys write for the pH in the lake question, I was done for...

Organisms cannot live in acidic environments. I think? thats what i put. :confused:
What did people get for the probability question i got 3/4 and if you had the alleles HH did you have the disease i think i may have read the question wrong?
Reply 9
Original post by NextGenRemix
What did people get for the probability question i got 3/4 and if you had the alleles HH did you have the disease i think i may have read the question wrong?

Yeh got the same but i put 75%.
Original post by ANDYFC16
Yeh got the same but i put 75%.

Which question was that there were two diagrams one where you put the Hh and one where you talk about the disease and CF which question are you talking about
Reply 11
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Which question was that there were two diagrams one where you put the Hh and one where you talk about the disease and CF which question are you talking about

The punnet square and you had to fill it in and state the probability.

Oh Oh ok

I wrote 50% probably wrong because heterozygous was Hh and they are heterozygous for the disease meaning its 50% :/
Reply 14
What did people get for the second calculation question?
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
I wrote 50% probably wrong because heterozygous was Hh and they are heterozygous for the disease meaning its 50% :/

I got 50% too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chakara
What did people get for the second calculation question?

Which one was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katiiie_louise

Yeah because there was 2 Hh which means they have the disease
Yeah, that one messed with my head haha, because normally the recessive allele is lower case and dominant is upper case, but they were the other way round so it confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
What mutualistic relationships did everyone put for the 3 examples? I put chemo synthetic bacteria in hydrothermal vents, oxpeckers and leguminous plants and bacteria on root nodules, is this right?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest