The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 3 Tuesday 12th May 2015- *Official Thread*

Your reactions and thoughts of the exam? Answers to questions...

Scroll to see replies

I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellagrace

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree definitely!

I liked how many 1 mark questions there were as well and the 6 marker was good :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by isabellagrace

Posted from TSR Mobile[What do you think the grade boundaries will be?]
Definately a lot easier than b2. Unfortunately this will mean higher grade boundaries though...
Reply 5
What did everyone put for the egg question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harryrwx
What did everyone put for the egg question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about it as osmosis. Water diffuses. Along with the sugar (glucose) with the egg uses for respiration therefore growing in mass.
Original post by emileepifanoff
I wrote about it as osmosis. Water diffuses. Along with the sugar (glucose) with the egg uses for respiration therefore growing in mass.

What was the context of the egg question again? I don't remember it and I definitely answered everything hmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by emileepifanoff

But if it was absorbing sugar molecules then how can it be osmosis at the same time?
I wrote that the sugar molecules diffused from the high concentration (outside the egg) to the low concentration (inside the egg) which is why it gained mass. The question didn't state if it was in a solution of water or not so I was hesitant to state that it was osmosis. I think I got it wrong anyway...
It took me ages to figure out it was osmosis. I said that solution A must've been the one with the lowest amount of sugar in it because the water diffuses into the egg via osmosis. This is because water molecules move from a dilute to a more concentrated solution.
How did you guys do that graph on deaths from heart attacks or something?
What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!
Wait what egg question?! Did I miss a question out?!
People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question
Original post by DustToDust
People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question

Ooh phew!
Egg?????
Reply 16
Original post by RachJess4
What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!

diaphragm flattens>increased volume>decreased pressure>pressure differential>so air is drawn in
Reply 17
For the 6 mark question, was it about the advantages and disadvantages of artificial heart valves, or advantages and disadvantages comparison of living human heart valves and artificial heart valves? HELP ME OUT!!!
Original post by haz_918
diaphragm flattens>increased volume>decreased pressure>pressure differential>so air is drawn in

Phew! I put something about increased volume and decreased pressure, my answer was so poorly explained though :/
Original post by orangeee22
Agree definitely!

I liked how many 1 mark questions there were as well and the 6 marker was good :colondollar:

6 marker was so good and it was basically an exam full of 1 and 2 mark questions, luckily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending