The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Don't forget to post in the Exam Sentiment thread :awesome: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3315685
Reply 221
Original post by Acirar
Could you please elaborate on the 3-4 marks. Do you need to give religious quotes/teaches?
Could you give an example.
Also, in the 2013 paper, they did 5 mark questions. How would you go on answering that?
I'm aiming for an A*

THANKS!

Hi,

With the 3-4 markers they include it in the question. For example, they could ask, 'Religious believers should not eat meat'. What are your opinions? Explain your opinion. With this type of question you don't have to refer to a religious teaching or quote. However, if they ask you a question like 'Explain why some religious believers think that human life is more valuable than animal life. Refer to religious beliefs and teachings in your answer.', you MUST use religious quotes or teachings.

5 MARKERS - My teacher said that AQA had just recently added these into the exam paper. She told us just to approach them as you would with a 6 marker. That's all. She says that way you would have secured the 5 marks that you need to get the top grades (A/A*).

Hope that clarified any doubts.
Good Luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought B2 was more like an ISA, I really didn't like it. Though B3 was much better so hopefully I made up for the lost marks in that one!
Aqa French was so hard!
21c biology was alright, made a couple mistakes with not reading the question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Original post by im_mo
Hi,

With the 3-4 markers they include it in the question. For example, they could ask, 'Religious believers should not eat meat'. What are your opinions? Explain your opinion. With this type of question you don't have to refer to a religious teaching or quote. However, if they ask you a question like 'Explain why some religious believers think that human life is more valuable than animal life. Refer to religious beliefs and teachings in your answer.', you MUST use religious quotes or teachings.

5 MARKERS - My teacher said that AQA had just recently added these into the exam paper. She told us just to approach them as you would with a 6 marker. That's all. She says that way you would have secured the 5 marks that you need to get the top grades (A/A*).

Hope that clarified any doubts.
Good Luck!

Thank you, cleared most of my questions. Just one more thing, sorry. For a 3-4 marker, the mark scheme says:
Two or more relevant and accurate points with onedeveloped
One well developed point.

What would this mean and how developed would you have to make it to secure all the marks.
Doing AQA religious studies gcse religion and life issues, and religion and morality.

A question:do I need to know the specific teaching or cite the quote?

Usually all I do in religious questions is say "in the Bible it says.... (usually not a quote but just a clear statement) therefore Christians may agree/disagree, because.... (explaining why, using the quote).

And for the six mark questions, I use a very concise structure and I've learn not to waste too much time on making my sentences developed (I used to do this before but the mark scheme says not to mark based on literary ability, unless it's SPaG) :

I agree. This is because I think that....., so.......

Some people may disagree. They may think that...... therefore....

Christians may think that..... because in the Bible it says...... so they would.....

Would this secure top marks? (aiming A*)

P.s. It's all Christian teachings because I've had to learn them as it's a church school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electric33
Thank you! :smile:

How was it? I thought it went awful! :frown:
Exam subject: Biology 1, French Listening, French Reading
Exam board: Edexcel & AQA
Level: GCSE. Higher Paper :undefined:
Feeling:
Biology: The last 6 marker on glucose regulation, I forgot to write about respiration... e.e, i probably only got 4/5 marks then! Also, on the calculation of biomass and caterpillars.. etc, I screwed up since the 97 000 threw me off, it was a really badly worded question though. I got 80% when it was 92%... ^_^'.
I also did my French listening and reading today, I found them both quite easy, except for question 4 on the listening, it went a little too fast for me to write everything down.But, meh, all's well that ends well. I have my chemistry coming up in two days though.
Just did AQA french reading and listening and AQA B2 and B3 :B
Original post by t.thompson22
Just done the Biology Unit 2 Higher exam paper. Easier than I thought but the six marker was awkward. How did you all find it? And what did you put for the how"did this fossils form" question? I put gradual replacement by minerals.

yeah that's what I put for the fossil one, and the six marker completely threw me off:B
did anyone do the law gcse exam on AQA yesterday? (monday) I thought it went really well!!
Original post by chocolatesauce
How was it? I thought it went awful! :frown:

It went okay :smile: what questions did you get stuck on?
I've just sat OCR 21st Century GCSE Higher Tier Biology B123 and I think I did pretty well :-)
Original post by electric33
It went okay :smile: what questions did you get stuck on?

It's not that I got stuck, I knew all the content but I didn't read te questions properly and also my handwriting was hideous so I'm scared they won't be able to read it :frown:
Reply 234
Original post by Acirar
Thank you, cleared most of my questions. Just one more thing, sorry. For a 3-4 marker, the mark scheme says:
Two or more relevant and accurate points with onedeveloped
One well developed point.

What would this mean and how developed would you have to make it to secure all the marks.

Hi,

The thing is, when they tell you that one point must be developed very well, they basically just trying to say that one of your points needs to developed through the use of PEE structure BUT the RS department at my school tell us to make sure BOTH of our points are WELL DEVELOPED, this results with you securing all the marks available. By doing this, you are also providing the examiner with "two or more relevant and accurate points with one developed".

Good Luck in the Exam tomorrow!
Keep me posted on how it goes for you!
Original post by abbeyjayne
I've just sat OCR 21st Century GCSE Higher Tier Biology B123 and I think I did pretty well :-)

I thought it went okay ish, what did you put for that question on how genes affect the body's response to drugs? It said something about enzymes converting them? I was so lost
Original post by h8skoooooool
I thought it went okay ish, what did you put for that question on how genes affect the body's response to drugs? It said something about enzymes converting them? I was so lost

I think I put something ridiculous like gene switching? So like the switched off ones might be the ones that the drug accept? LOL - bringing 456 into it xD
Reply 237
Original post by SkyJP
Doing AQA religious studies gcse religion and life issues, and religion and morality.

A question:do I need to know the specific teaching or cite the quote?

Usually all I do in religious questions is say "in the Bible it says.... (usually not a quote but just a clear statement) therefore Christians may agree/disagree, because.... (explaining why, using the quote).

And for the six mark questions, I use a very concise structure and I've learn not to waste too much time on making my sentences developed (I used to do this before but the mark scheme says not to mark based on literary ability, unless it's SPaG) :

I agree. This is because I think that....., so.......

Some people may disagree. They may think that...... therefore....

Christians may think that..... because in the Bible it says...... so they would.....

Would this secure top marks? (aiming A*)

P.s. It's all Christian teachings because I've had to learn them as it's a church school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

How are you?

With what you said about you only doing Christian teachings, are you sure this is safe? I have always learnt that it is good practice to juxtapose different religious views, from different religions. This can score marks when you are trying to prove to the examiner you have considered both points of view, especially on extended answers like 6 markers.

Sorry, I don't do the Religion and Morality Paper. :/

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Keep me posted on how it went!
Original post by t.thompson22
Just done the Biology Unit 2 Higher exam paper. Easier than I thought but the six marker was awkward. How did you all find it? And what did you put for the how"did this fossils form" question? I put gradual replacement by minerals.

I did that too! I enjoyed it better than my unit 3 exam. :frown:
Did anyone else find ocr French listening and reading really hard today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest