The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by parsonec01
did everyone get 23 and 46 alleles or 1 and 2

For the cystic fibrosis one?
how is it 40, it did say that the scale was 0.1 and the length was 4 didnt it?
What did you put for the fossil in the soft material?
I said casts and impressions then how the organism is buried in soft material and how the soft material hardens as the animals decay leaving a cast of itself. Not sure
Reply 63
For the polydactyly and cystic fibrosis one? I got 1 and 2... I don't know though
Yeeeesssss!!! I did that aswell! I totally screwed the magnification question and don't even remember the ratio one.... well I think I didn't simply it and just left it as three digit numbers?
Original post by Major Wilson
40 but it's 400

Did it say 0.1 or 0.01 I'm sure it said 0.1 and did you need to convert cm to mm or something?
Reply 65
Original post by abbiemallett
What was the answer to the first question??

glycerol! :smile:
Original post by J.Holmes99
Did it say 0.1 or 0.01 I'm sure it said 0.1 and did you need to convert cm to mm or something?

It said 0.1mm
Reply 67
I said casts and impressions then how the organism is buried in soft material and how the soft material hardens as the animals decay leaving a cast of itself. Not sure

I wrote that fist then wrote it was preserved in amber bcs I could see the bones? IDK though...
Original post by nabster458
how is it 40, it did say that the scale was 0.1 and the length was 4 didnt it?

I put 40 because 40 times 0.1 equals 4 (the length)
Original post by Desouza123
Is a lack of evidence and soft bodied organisms 2 marks do u think?

Yep that was 2 marks on a past paper but I guess it depends on the mark scheme for this year.
Reply 70
If you looked closely on the graph, there was a vertical line at which exercise finished. At the peak of the line for athlete 1, the reading was way above 80, but the reading was taken from the end of exercise line which was 77. It just so happened that the peak of athlete 2 was on this line for both graphs so it was easier to read off the results.
I'm not doing a level biology cos of that bad experience. On the 6 marker I just panicked and I didnt even say you have to use a ruler to measure the leaves. I feel like such a fool
Reply 72
Original post by Desouza123

i put this too! not sure if its right, it was hard to tell what the picture was!
Original post by parsonec01
did everyone get 23 and 46 alleles or 1 and 2

I got 23, and 46 because its for all the alleles in the entire cell.
Reply 74
I got the same as well
Reply 75
Original post by Senpai
Alot of people I asked said homo , homo then hetro

i think i did the other way round
[QUOTE="Turtlebunny;55703285"]I got 23, and 46 because its for all the alleles in the entire cell.[/QUOTE

But you only need (1) copy of an dominant allele for it to expressed (poly dactyly) and you need (2) copy's for a recessive (cystic fibrosis)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by logic99
For the cystic fibrosis one?

I got 1 & 2
Reply 78
Original post by JassyC
Yeeeesssss!!! I did that aswell! I totally screwed the magnification question and don't even remember the ratio one.... well I think I didn't simply it and just left it as three digit numbers?

i did w then 2 on the allele/chromosome question!
i simplified it to 3:1 which is not entirely accurate
I think I messed up on the stomach tissue but I did b2 biology foundation, did anyone do b1 biology foundation could you please inbox me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending