The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robh9999
I did the same thing (line graph) instead of a bar. I was told you'd only lose 1 mark for that (after the exam)

It was specifically written that draw a bar chart and line graph would obviously get a 0
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
It was specifically written that draw a bar chart and line graph would obviously get a 0

It said bar graph and my mind didn't seem to register the BAR bit... Anyway I think you would get some marks for the axis, labels (approriate size ?), so its not a complete disaster
in the past papers it says "give 4 max out of 6" if bar graph instead of line graph, so i assume the converse is true

I made the same mistake and luckily realised at the end. It looked really messy though because i drew both in pen on the same paper
yeah You will get a mark for that actually they check our understanding for the questions and obviously if a child drew a line graph instead of a bar graph that shows his poor understanding for the question
yeah last year it was max 3 out of 5
what did you guys write for those yield question of why dry mass instead of fress mass and why % instead of that kg m s something?
Original post by Realforce
I'm confused... Are there different papers?

do you mean the dog question?
yeah You will get a mark for that actually they check our understanding for the questions and obviously if a child drew a line graph instead of a bar graph that shows his poor understanding for the question

My head cracked under the pressure and I'm glad ill get at least some marks for that questions. Anyway, how did people do with that whole secchi disk question ?
NO. It doesn't show a poor understanding it just meant they accidentally didn't read it. You can get marks for using a correct scale, the axes the correct way round and labelled correctly etc.
Reply 29
How did everyone do the X axis on the graph - how many years for each block?
Original post by Realforce
I'm confused... Are there different papers?

my paper didnt have a question about cystic firbosis
what did you guys write for those yield question of why dry mass instead of fress mass and why % instead of that kg m s something?

I said dry mass because there could be water on the plant which is not a useable part of the plant and adds additional weight weight. I said use a percentage because the yield for each other is different so, percentages are used for comparability.
Original post by aacargo
How did everyone do the X axis on the graph - how many years for each block?

it was bar graph- so you take the data directly
Original post by katemolloy
my paper didnt have a question about cystic firbosis

Same here. :confused:
Hey what did everyone put on the lowland and upland rice question ?
Original post by Foreboding
Hey what did everyone put on the lowland and upland rice question ?

I BSed and put lowland has natural ocurring mineral ions- what did you put
So uno for the question about y u think lake c conclusion is wrong what did people answer; I wrote one as it was not repeated so it's not reliable
Reply 37
Can we try and get a complete-ish list of questions for the paper with a rough estimate of marks? this is what I remember.

1. the matching question (6 marks)
2. the mouse question (7ish marks)
12. the experimental design question (6 marks)

also, what did you put for the question on where ventilation occurs?
Original post by Yuuchin1
I BSed and put lowland has natural ocurring mineral ions- what did you put

Yep that's what I said! Some of these ions were already in the soil 😂
Original post by Zakiiiii
So uno for the question about y u think lake c conclusion is wrong what did people answer; I wrote one as it was not repeated so it's not reliable

I wrote that lake c might be affected my something else like sewage and not phosphate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending