The Student Room Group

Sociology AS- Unit 2 Research methods and Health

Is anybody doing Health instead of Education in Unit 2 of AS Sociology? I cannot find any revision resources to help as everything is about education even my revision guide. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by kt03
Is anybody doing Health instead of Education in Unit 2 of AS Sociology? I cannot find any revision resources to help as everything is about education even my revision guide. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello! I'm doing the health paper - I'd reccomend getting the aqa as sociology blue book by nelson thrones as it covers health and research!
Original post by kt03

Yes, me! It seems everyone is doing education. I'm really worried I don't know all I should because there's barely anything online about health.
Reply 3
Original post by mogwai98
Yes, me! It seems everyone is doing education. I'm really worried I don't know all I should because there's barely anything online about health.

Same here most are taking education.

Have teachers or tutors given you any resourses or advised what needs to be included in an essay question?
Original post by dmet
Same here most are taking education.

Have teachers or tutors given you any resourses or advised what needs to be included in an essay question?

No, because I self teach. I take it you don't have a tutor either?

I don't think this unit is quite like unit one regarding bringing in different researchers/perspectives but that's just me (going off my book, which doesn't include as much of it in this unit).
Which book do you have?
Reply 5
Nelson Thornes. I've made that assumption from the mark scheme.

Its like working blind this topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kt03

Less students do the Health option so there's less resources around. Try these revision cards - you can test yourself on them too - what do you think?
Reply 7
I will have a read through them thank you.

I have been told because the papers not too popular marking might go in our favour if the examiner isn't as familiar with the topic either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any predictions of what will come up?
Reply 9
Any predictions?? completely lost
Reply 10
No sorry i haven't a clue and I'm not sure I know enough to write anything tomorrow x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I'm retaking the module from last year. My teacher says that mental illness, disability and the power of medical profession may come up. Also to look over social groups (class, gender, ethnicity, age) in relation to both inequalities to health but also provision to health care.

For research methods theres not a lot predicted - apparently questionnaires?
Reply 12
How did everyone do today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by dmet
How did everyone do today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it went pretty okay! The paper was oddly specific in what it wanted though. Can I just clear something up? I know that for the Education section there was an essay on social groups (i.e. you need to discuss gender, ethnicity, and class); was the 20 marker on health on social groups or just social class exclusively?
Reply 14
Reply 15

Thank ****ing god ha. How did you find the paper? I hear people complaining about the 20-marker for official statistics, but honestly considering how straightforward it is, what's there to complain about?
Reply 16
I found it ok I was comfortable apart from OS I struggled to write on problems theres much more for advantages.

Im not overly concerned last years A was 64/90 so if I really messed up it might not matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending