The Student Room Group

Dating a Muslim girl. Any concerns

Salutations I am dating a Muslim girl at my university and is there anything I should know. Her parents are completely fine with it and are lovely people, (if they physically attempted to stop us dating, I would put pork and alcohol in their food and show them pictures of Mohammed anyway). However, I am not bothered that Muslims will have a problem with a Muslim girl dating a non Muslim guy. The people who I am more prepared to fight if they have a problem are the politically correct pieces of trash to attempt to speak on behalf of Muslims. Laurie Penny and freaks like that. So any advice would be great. I am preparing myself for a fight though.
Reply 1
Advice would be great though. Thank you for reading!
What exactly do you need advice for?
Lol, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm Muslim and none of my Muslim friends dislike the idea of getting into a relationship with non-Muslims.
I don't really know what you're going on about at the end of the post, but basically if her parents are chill and she's chill then you shouldn't have too much grief.
Original post by Protégé
Lol, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm Muslim and none of my Muslim friends dislike the idea of getting into a relationship with non-Muslims.

Don't sound like real Muslims to me.
Reply 6
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
What exactly do you need advice for?

Well, it is not Muslims who bother me so much as the vast majority of them are just great normal people. It is the politically correct scum, who are not Muslim and try to speak on behalf of Muslims that I am really ready to fight. So do you think this will be a problem and if any of these politically correct nonces have a problem with her and myself dating then how should I combat them.
Original post by BioStudentx
Don't sound like real Muslims to me.

A Muslim is a Muslim whether he slaughters or pillages. You can't just say "He's not a real Muslim", it doesn't work that way. He's only not considered a Muslim through one of the various factors listed in the Qur'an.
Original post by FockFear
Well, it is not Muslims who bother me so much as the vast majority of them are just great normal people. It is the politically correct scum, who are not Muslim and try to speak on behalf of Muslims that I am really ready to fight. So do you think this will be a problem and if any of these politically correct nonces have a problem with her and myself dating then how should I combat them.

calm down mate

Lol just don't fight anyone, I doubt anybody cares, if they do, ignore them as they are usually just ****tards with nothing better to do in their lives.
Original post by Protégé
A Muslim is a Muslim whether he slaughters or pillages. You can't just say "He's not a real Muslim", it doesn't work that way. He's only not considered a Muslim through one of the various factors listed in the Qur'an.

A muslim woman dating a non-muslim man doesn't sound very Islamic to me. And what is she doing getting a boyfriend in the first place. Just because you call yourself a Muslim - it doesn't make you one. You have to actually follow it.
Reply 11
Original post by Protégé
calm down mate

No, when anyone has a problem with someone dating someone else (and tries to prevent this dating) because of religion then that is a problem that must be confronted!
Original post by BioStudentx
A muslim woman dating a non-muslim man doesn't sound very Islamic to me. And what is she doing getting a boyfriend in the first place. Just because you call yourself a Muslim - it doesn't make you one. You have to actually follow it.

Except that it's not that simple, you can only be considered a non-Muslim if you break certain rules, you can't point to someone breaking random Islamic rules and point and exclaim that he/she's not a Muslim. What you think is irrelevant, according to Islam they are still Muslim unless they break a certain rule. For example, denying fundamental things in Islam such as the prayer or the Prophet.

No, when anyone has a problem with someone dating someone else (and tries to prevent this dating) because of religion then that is a problem that must be confronted!

pls record if this happens
Wait what do you want advice for??
Protege is right, you cannot declare someone a non-Muslim like that because you don't know if they are, in their hearts, believers. However, as far as dating non-Muslim guys goes or dating at all, it is completely prohibited in Islam.
Original post by catfanny
do you think your muslim girlfriend would appreciate you saying this?

man this thread was posted 6 years ago haha
Original post by Anonymous
man this thread was posted 6 years ago haha

yh i didnt clock, hence why i deleted my reply whoops
Original post by catfanny
yh i didnt clock, hence why i deleted my reply whoops

ahah yeah i noticed, i’m using the app so idk how to delete mine, ah well :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending