The Student Room Group

AS sociology - families and household AQA

AQA Sociology - families and household - 12th May

Does anyone have an predictions what the 6 marker might be? As well as the two 24 markers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DKN
AQA Sociology - families and household - 12th May

Does anyone have an predictions what the 6 marker might be? As well as the two 24 markers?

I have a feeling that there may be one 24 marker on childhood as it hasn't came up for a couple of years.. it only came up as the smaller markers like 6 and 12 :smile:

Good luck for tomorrow!!!
Reply 2
Thank you! Good Luck to you to! :smile:

if it is on childhood I hope it is a open question on childhood

do you think family diversity or power relations - domestic labour might come up?
hi im taking the sociology exam tommorow and was wondering could social policy come up
Reply 4
There is a chance as it has not been on the paper since jan 2012
Reply 5
I'm revising all the perspectives (functionalism, Marxism, feminism & new right) and going to revise social policy as they're my weaknesses
I've been advised by my teacher not to overdo the revision othere is my brain may go into overload and I'll totally blank out in the exam so I'm just taking it easy.. I know everything to the best I can so I've just got to pull it out the bag..
I'm sure it's the same for everyone.. We all have the knowledge.. don't forget those A02s :wink: haha
Reply 6
just done this exam and guess what childhood did come up😵😵😵😵

well done leakyg4 for that awesome guess

ps. I didn't forget those AO2's 😉
Reply 7
How did you find it overall? 🙈 I'm worried I didn't actually answer the question...
Reply 8
Forgot everything on childhood, but love demography and social policy
Reply 9
Original post by Rhigh1
Forgot everything on childhood, but love demography and social policy

Yeah, I actually quite liked the social policy one but childhood was a bit of a mess... Especially as I was running out of time. Anyway, hope it goes okay for all of us! And good luck with your other exams!
Can anyone here predict what the Unit two exam could be on? There's another thread for it but we can't work it out! :s-smilie:

Can anyone predict (accurately) what might come up as the predictions for this morning's exam were brilliantly close to what came up! :smile:
Reply 11
What did everyone put for the childhood question as I'm unsure how mine went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
The paper was quite easy, i wrote 7 and a half pages
but i got extra time
Reply 13
Original post by Bbbbbb2

Posted from TSR Mobile

i cant remember everything i wrote..but i wrote about disappearance of childhood supported by postman and (palmer)toxic childhood...march of progressive view..historical differences (how childhood has changed)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bbbbbb2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intro- Childhood being a social contsruct
Para 1- Postman and Opie
Para 2- Sue Palmer (toxic childhood) and Shorter
Para 3- Child Liberationalists and Pilcher
Conclusion- Child act 1989 showing childhood is clearly still separate
Reply 15
What did everyone write for the 6 marker on Marxism?
Reply 16
And also for social policy?
Marxism- Ideological state apparatus, safety valve, means for passing down estate to legitimate heirs
Reply 18
Think I messed up childhood. I was worried it wasn't about being a social construct so I didn't solely base my exam on that although I included so many authors such as shorter, Aries, Benedict, Womack, pollock and palmer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Social Policy-
Paragraph 1- Fletcher and his views of welfare state helping family functions
2- Murray and his idea of the perverse incentives
3- Divorce Law reform act 69 and how that affected family structure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending