The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL IGCSE French!

Hey Guys!
So I sat the edexcel IGCSE French reading and writing and listeing papers today, wondering how you guys felt it went and what do you think an A* would be if you at the exam! I thought the listening was particularly difficult...:angry:

Scroll to see replies

Did the listening include a question about summer holidays being too long and the reading had a question about a girl who wanted to be a journalist?
Reply 2
Original post by WaitWhatThe
Did the listening include a question about summer holidays being too long and the reading had a question about a girl who wanted to be a journalist?

Cant remember summer holidays but the last question was about lemonade/Orange juice/ coffee
Hmm I did just a normal GCSE edexcel reading and listening so it must be different from IGCSE
Reply 4
Original post by Selvan17
Hey Guys!
So I sat the edexcel IGCSE French reading and writing and listeing papers today, wondering how you guys felt it went and what do you think an A* would be if you at the exam! I thought the listening was particularly difficult...:angry:

what did you put for the advantages and disadvantages on the bs coffee and juice question?
Reply 5
Original post by simon204
what did you put for the advantages and disadvantages on the bs coffee and juice question?

For juice I only got the disadvantage, I'm thinking it was il y a beaucoup de sucre however some people thought it was artificial colours, for coffee I got it tastes good and it is expensive, apparently another advantage was it is good to drink after lunch... :confused: what do u reckon am A* will be?:frown:
For juice I only got the disadvantage, I'm thinking it was il y a beaucoup de sucre however some people thought it was artificial colours, for coffee I got it tastes good and it is expensive, apparently another advantage was it is good to drink after lunch... :confused: what do u reckon am A* will be?:frown:

Yeh I did the paper today as well. The tape for the listening screwed us over as the sound came out all muffled so I mucked up the questions on the forest. The last one was difficult too, I just made up some answers but I got that trop de sucre bit. I reckon the grade boundaries will be about 80% for an a* star overall for both listening and reading, but hopefully lower.
Reply 7
Original post by Indian Batman
Yeh I did the paper today as well. The tape for the listening screwed us over as the sound came out all muffled so I mucked up the questions on the forest. The last one was difficult too, I just made up some answers but I got that trop de sucre bit. I reckon the grade boundaries will be about 80% for an a* star overall for both listening and reading, but hopefully lower.

Yeah few tricky ones in their, overall quite a difficult set of papers overall i would say. Especially worried as the grade boundaries for French have gone from 80% to 82% to 84% in the last 3 years... really wanted an A* as I am in year 10 so the whole point of doing it early was that I was supposed to get one however now it seems pointless to have sat it early:frown:
Hey Guys!

I found the listening really hard! I messed up so many questions, especially that last one. I found myself guessing way more than I should have done. How did you find the reading?
Reply 9
Original post by josaltzman
I found the listening really hard! I messed up so many questions, especially that last one. I found myself guessing way more than I should have done. How did you find the reading?

Yeah i know what you mean! I thought the reading went okay, the smoking passage was bearable but the essays given weren't that amazing, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Yeah i know what you mean! I thought the reading went okay, the smoking passage was bearable but the essays given weren't that amazing, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

The smoking passage was okay. The one about the celebration kind of threw me a bit towards the end. And I'm hoping the boundaries for the listening will be low, seeing as it seemed harder than other past papers I've done? Hopefully, anyway :tongue: I just want a B or A overall.
Hey Guys!

That final French listening about the juice and coffee was an absolute killer, I think I got about 3 of them, the rest were just guesses.
The smoking passage was okay. The one about the celebration kind of threw me a bit towards the end. And I'm hoping the boundaries for the listening will be low, seeing as it seemed harder than other past papers I've done? Hopefully, anyway :tongue: I just want a B or A overall.

I found smoking impossible, the middle question applied to the skin only, and I think i missed that, probably got about half on that section.
Original post by Duskfinger
That final French listening about the juice and coffee was an absolute killer, I think I got about 3 of them, the rest were just guesses.

The juice and coffee question was impossible! I understood about 3 things in the entire passage, and I'm not even sure I put them in the right place :tongue:
The juice and coffee question was impossible! I understood about 3 things in the entire passage, and I'm not even sure I put them in the right place :tongue:

That's just life I suppose, we've done the work, and it was just touch on the day. Good luck with the rest, chem on thursday??
Original post by Duskfinger
That's just life I suppose, we've done the work, and it was just touch on the day. Good luck with the rest, chem on thursday??

Thanks, you too! And yep, OCR C123.
if i get : 38 in oral; 40 in listening, 51 in reading and writing will tht be an a*?
It sounds like it should be? I'm not very good with the French grade boundaries though!
Reply 18
Guys do any of you remember the second from last question answers for listening?
Reply 19
And also for the characters exercise at listening which one didn't you put?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending