The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the OCR B1 B2 B3 exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadeem
I got 87.5% and my friend was telling me about 12.5%? I hope I got it correct.

The original number was 20 and it increased to 160. If it was too increase by 100% it would increase to 40 because 100% of 20 is 20. So it definitely couldn't increase by less than under 100% right? because it went all the way up to 160
Yeah it seems like must people (me included) wrote 800% or 12.5. Oh well.
Does anybody know around about how many marks are needed for a B out of 60?
Yeah its 700%, i wrote 800% as well though:frown: what did everyone put for the perceived risk question? Also what about the question about two people getting different means for the mayfly nymphs one?
Original post by hulahoopslad
Yeah its 700%, i wrote 800% as well though:frown: what did everyone put for the perceived risk question? Also what about the question about two people getting different means for the mayfly nymphs one?

I said often people perceive the risk to be greater than it is and so she should look to see if the benefits outweigh the risks.

The first person used all five samples to find the mean, whereas person 2 only used the first four, possibly because he thought the last was an outlier

For the percieved risk one I just said like she should look at the calculated risk as this is the actual risk and she may find that the benefits may outweigh the risks.
For the nymphs one I didn't really know what to put so I just said the two readings could have been taken at different times so the number of nymphs could have changed.
Original post by kirstybecs
I said often people perceive the risk to be greater than it is and so she should look to see if the benefits outweigh the risks.

The first person used all five samples to find the mean, whereas person 2 only used the first four, possibly because he thought the last was an outlier

Exactly what I wrote. :biggrin:
Reply 26
The question when you had to draw a graph caught me out. I was reading a mark scheme for a graph the other day and it sad the risk can never start at 0.
I got For the percentage12.5% and the one about why they got different means for the mayfly was because one of them ommited the fifth reading because it was an outlier.
Reply 28
Original post by Applezainab
What do you think the c part of the nitrogen cycle ?!i thought it was going from the cow to the ground and thought the cow died and was deposed into ammonia etc.. But every Is saying it's nitrogen fixation

i swear it was going from the plant and downwards? I talked about how the plant dies and how the decomposers turn it into ammonia and then the ammonia gets nitrified into nitrates....

it's not nitrogen fixation, thats the process that turns nitrogen gas into nitrates...
Reply 29
Original post by kxylah
i swear it was going from the plant and downwards? I talked about how the plant dies and how the decomposers turn it into ammonia and then the ammonia gets nitrified into nitrates....

it's not nitrogen fixation, thats the process that turns nitrogen gas into nitrates...

For some reason I talked about excretion from animals
Original post by kxylah

For C the arrow was going from the plant and the animal back into the soil
Which way did people draw the line on the graph
Reply 32
What did everyone get for the butterfly question regarding the evidence?
I talked about a plausible mechanism providing more evidence.
Would this have been right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Which way did people draw the line on the graph

i did it as a negative correlation, so from the top left to the bottom right of the graph
Original post by kirstybecs
i did it as a negative correlation, so from the top left to the bottom right of the graph

thank god
Original post by Ajan123
What did everyone get for the butterfly question regarding the evidence?
I talked about a plausible mechanism providing more evidence.
Would this have been right?

I put that too
Reply 36
On the Pi x Radius to the power of 2 was on an artery and one a vein?
The 6 marker was NOT nitrogen fixation but about decaying plants and how nitrates are absorbed by the plant into the roots.

The other 6 marker was about how a heart attack occurs (coronary arteries blocked and heart stops due to lack of oxygen) and why Joe and his brother may not both get heart attacks - lifestyle factors: smoking, diet, excerise?

The 3rd six mark question was about child A and B being identical but child C wasn't - this is because the embryo splits for A and B - so have identical genes where as C has a different egg, therefore different genetic make up to A and b.

Pi x radius vein question was something like 0.79 (2dp)
Percentage increase was DEFO 700%!!!

Paper seemed surprisingly easy - so wouldn't be surprised if the boundaries go up.
Original post by Kadeem
I got 87.5% and my friend was telling me about 12.5%? I hope I got it correct.

no. it is 700% because the percentage 'increase' should show the increase so it is:
160-20=140
140/20=7
7*100=700
so its 700%
Original post by CornwallFlyer
The 6 marker was NOT nitrogen fixation but about decaying plants and how nitrates are absorbed by the plant into the roots.

The other 6 marker was about how a heart attack occurs (coronary arteries blocked and heart stops due to lack of oxygen) and why Joe and his brother may not both get heart attacks - lifestyle factors: smoking, diet, excerise?

The 3rd six mark question was about child A and B being identical but child C wasn't - this is because the embryo splits for A and B - so have identical genes where as C has a different egg, therefore different genetic make up to A and b.

Pi x radius vein question was something like 0.79 (2dp)
Percentage increase was DEFO 700%!!!

Paper seemed surprisingly easy - so wouldn't be surprised if the boundaries go up.

i found it quite easy too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending