The Student Room Group

IGCSE EDEXCEL BIOLOGY PAPER 1 12TTH MAY...are you ready?!

Scroll to see replies

how do you get the mark scheme?
how did you get the mark scheme?
Reply 62
I just finished it! it was the easiest paper I've ever solved:smile:
Reply 63
Original post by rutabaga
how did you get the mark scheme?

you cant until the end of summer! that's when the results come out :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by reelsalah
I wrote the fermenter. Did anyone write fermenter?

i did at the end, i said you could place it in a fermenter where oxygen and light intensity is controlled and the yield of insulin production will increase
Where was the fermenter question?
... How did u do the bar chart?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mh99
i did at the end, i said you could place it in a fermenter where oxygen and light intensity is controlled and the yield of insulin production will increase
I didn't write in such a detail but i just wrote place it in a fermenter so that bacteria produces the growth hormone.
I did the bar chart with alternating male and female bars, with a key, and obviously heart attacks on the y axis....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Richard98
Where was the fermenter question?
... How did u do the bar chart?
Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the genetic modification of bacteria to produce growth hormone question
Reply 69
Original post by examswhizz
I did the bar chart with alternating male and female bars, with a key, and obviously heart attacks on the y axis....

Posted from TSR Mobile

how does an alternating bar chart look like? does it look like to 2 bars(male and female) in one row for each year?
Reply 70
Original post by mh99
how does an alternating bar chart look like? does it look like to 2 bars(male and female) in one row for each year?

mine was similar to this, the female was shaded and the male left bland and i indicated it in the corner, is that correct?
bb.PNG
Original post by mh99
mine was similar to this, the female was shaded and the male left bland and i indicated it in the corner, is that correct?
bb.PNG

I think that is one way of doing it... Mine looked quite similar: except I did one bar (the men) then the other (the women) for one year, then the same for the next year... So it looked like a really tall bar, then a short one, then tall... But hopefully both will be allowed. If anything by the looks of it yours was the better/clearer method!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: Not as good as I hoped it would go.

My brain malfunctioned and decided that there was only one vas deferens. wtf
And failed to mention the word eutrophication despite the fact that I was thinking it the whole way through
And the typical 'fail to read the question' for the stomata one....

I'll have to ace the paper two : /
Reply 73
Original post by examswhizz
I think that is one way of doing it... Mine looked quite similar: except I did one bar (the men) then the other (the women) for one year, then the same for the next year... So it looked like a really tall bar, then a short one, then tall... But hopefully both will be allowed. If anything by the looks of it yours was the better/clearer method!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope it is, thanks for the answer
how does fungi store carbohydrate.
Original post by Mujahidul Islam
how does fungi store carbohydrate.

I put chitin but I'm pretty sure that's wrong... I looked it up and it said glycogen
Original post by mh99
i hope it is, thanks for the answer

hwy do u know the answer to how carbohydrate is stored in fungi.
Reply 77
Original post by Mujahidul Islam
hwy do u know the answer to how carbohydrate is stored in fungi.

it is stored as glycogen and i wrote starch :angry:
In the plant structure question, did you call the structure A upper epidermis? Or waxy cuticle? I put upper epidermis but also wrote about the waxy cuticle :confused:
Original post by turn-to-page394
:frown: Not as good as I hoped it would go.

My brain malfunctioned and decided that there was only one vas deferens. wtf
And failed to mention the word eutrophication despite the fact that I was thinking it the whole way through
And the typical 'fail to read the question' for the stomata one....

I'll have to ace the paper two : /

I did exactly the same about the eutrophication question... Grrrr that is soooo annoying... I was proud of that answer too!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest