The Student Room Group

Exexcel GSCE French Higher Reading Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WaitWhatThe
I put the plane was on time, didn't really hear the rest of that bit so it was a guess but glad to hear it might be correct. I then put he lost his bag because I heard some jumble about that. I then put she slept and they got a bus(that was a guess)

3/4 they got on a taxi i think because they said they could have got on a bus
I don't trust the first thing I hear but the talking was too fast when talking about the train and the bus. Eh 3/4 isn't bad
The last one i just kinda guessed my way through for the listening.

I put she was her own boss, wanted a change and she didn't mind the long hours, and i put the one about her work experience as I kinda knew the others were wrong. Ah I think I made silly mistakes. The second to last one where two people spoke about their town and transport, we had to tick four boxes right?
The second to last one was about the two people talking about transport in their area and it was four marks so yeah it was four crosses. I think I put the boy that there wasn't enough public transport and that it was too expensive (guess) and for the girl, I put she rides her bike everywhere and cares about the pollution.
Any advances on that?
Original post by big_dreamer
The last one i just kinda guessed my way through for the listening.

I put she was her own boss, wanted a change and she didn't mind the long hours, and i put the one about her work experience as I kinda knew the others were wrong. Ah I think I made silly mistakes. The second to last one where two people spoke about their town and transport, we had to tick four boxes right?

in that case i got 3/4 on the journalist one and i think i got 6-7/8 on the sentences asking ppl after the exam so maybe 37/40
The second to last one was about the two people talking about transport in their area and it was four marks so yeah it was four crosses. I think I put the boy that there wasn't enough public transport and that it was too expensive (guess) and for the girl, I put she rides her bike everywhere and cares about the pollution.
Any advances on that?

i didnt get rides her bike everywhere but i got the pollution. the boy definitely said the public transport was dirty or something like it so he doesnt use it
It said she rode it whenever she could or everywhere and that her mum thought it was dangerous but she didn't agree.
But what did you get for the summer holidays where you write the answers in English?
Original post by Trapping
Kill me now please :shot:

I put sunny becauseI translated it to something like "Usually there was always sun but there were some clouds" or something
It said she rode it whenever she could or everywhere and that her mum thought it was dangerous but she didn't agree.
But what did you get for the summer holidays where you write the answers in English?

summer holidays are too long as parents are finding it difficult to work as they have to look after their children
summer holidays are too long as children are getting bad grades

i said that they would be allowed to do homework in school as well
Original post by FrozenSteph
I put sunny becauseI translated it to something like "Usually there was always sun but there were some clouds" or something

usually it is sunny in that area but when we went there it was cloudy

nice use of désormais in the last question :tongue: they always use it

I found the holiday one a bit confusing but I wrote something like its good to shorten holidays as children have more learning time XD And I said parents find it hard to work in long holidays or something I cant really remember but thats the question I struggled on a bit
Original post by Trapping
It's all over :bawling:

The beginning of the paper, when it asked if the weather was

Sunny
Cloudy
Everyday wet.

Which one did you choose? It was everyday wet right? Right?

I put cloudy cos it says it doesn’t rain everyday in like the second sentence
and it says normally it was sunny but not when she went
Original post by Terrydaktal
usually it is sunny in that area but when we went there it was cloudy

nice use of désormais in the last question :tongue: they always use it

Ahh damn! I thought I had that one:frown:
I thought the last question was SO difficult, I didn't understand what it was even about so I just ticked random boxes for that one!! And it was awkward cause i'm the only one who did higher so I was in a room and the invidulator kept staring at me lol:confused:
i didnt put she worked for herself, why did u put that? :c , i put she wanted a change , she said fair chose and autre in a sentence so i put that she wanted to do something different, she didnt interview anyone in english so i didnt put that . what about listening last q?

but didn’t it say that she interviewed a lot of celebrities, but not many of then spoke French and that her english wasn’t very good
BUT it doesn’t mean she still didn’t interview them cos how would she interview so many otherwise if she didn’t do some in english
Its gotta be cloudy, she said something about sun and no rain and then she said there were clouds in the sky which was 'ciel'
in that case i got 3/4 on the journalist one and i think i got 6-7/8 on the sentences asking ppl after the exam so maybe 37/40

OMG! i ticked 8 boxes thinking it was 4 per person
For the listening didn't she say that she couldn't sleep because her mum kept talking to her? I put the talking to her mum one :/ ...
That writing on holidays was horrid. Though I put something like children get bored and parents who work and that they can do homework at school instead of in the evening at home?? Though for the one where they asked what was the survey about i literally guessed it by saying 'issues at school' but put the two reasons why where that some teachers are disrespectful and that there are arguments at home about grades and exams not sure?
Any advances on that?

Kinda guessed my way through, I said he said it was too expensive and something else I can't remember and the girl like the car sharing, not sure, and her bike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending