The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology - Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

thymus, bone marrow and spleen are said to be organs of the immune system
Original post by Foreboding
Guys I'm pretty sure you have to cut the tubers off the potatoes because yield is the usable part of the plant and tubers are not usable

I thought that potatoes WERE plant tubers.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
thymus, bone marrow and spleen are said to be organs of the immune system

oh didnt know that:colondollar:, i wonder how many possible answers there were
No no ive heard that it is possible my paper will start at 1 PM on thursday so anyone who is atleast 4 5 hours ahead me?
Ok guys I don't think we should discuss answers yet people still have to take the exam we don't want the boundaries to be really high :frown: idk wait a day or something
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
No no ive heard that it is possible my paper will start at 1 PM on thursday so anyone who is atleast 4 5 hours ahead me?

whaaa are you doing 1B or 1BR
Original post by examswhizz
I thought that potatoes WERE plant tubers.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure potatoes have like tubers that come off them and branch to form more potatoes
I'm pretty sure potatoes have like tubers that come off them and branch to form more potatoes

Ohhhh right.... Great XD xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look like he said some people still might be giving the exam that means that their paper started late and we could have told them the answers but yeah the grade boundaries think and i think its 1b
they have a global schedule doing on the same date and 1b and 1br system to minimise the time difference to max 12 hrs- unless someone from Rio is watching we should be fine
My Paper was so bad... I am freaking out for chemistry on Thursday now :O The questions were super weirdAnd Do you guys know that the growth hormone for control tube was 0 mg!! :/
I so badly wanted an A* in bio but this paper ..... :frown: And I wonder how paper 2 will be cuz paper 2 is always harder!!
Original post by Ainajay
I so badly wanted an A* in bio but this paper ..... :frown: And I wonder how paper 2 will be cuz paper 2 is always harder!!

which brings grade boundaries down! Im putting exclamation mark here because i want to reassure myself too but never mind!
I really hope the grade boundaries are low... :frown: like in 60-65% for A* :P
Original post by Ainajay
My Paper was so bad... I am freaking out for chemistry on Thursday now :O The questions were super weirdAnd Do you guys know that the growth hormone for control tube was 0 mg!! :/

:frown: omg why was it 0mg? I had no idea i just guessed a random number
Yep that's what I said! Some of these ions were already in the soil ������

I also said that some minerals were already in the soil in upland or lowland, but my friend said the minerals from the upland place may wash down to lowland, increasing the percentage of mineral ions
Original post by maisyb123
:frown: omg why was it 0mg? I had no idea i just guessed a random number

controls measure how things are without the stimulus- in this case the hormone, to make a comparison between with hormones and without. But tbh in this case anything lower than 30mg might have been acceptable
what did you say for the potato question?
the dry mass
Lol, next year though this thread will be a gold mine for people who want to cheat on their mock. :biggrin:

Anyways, for the upland/lower land rice I put stuff about CO2 in the air : / and for the secchi dish I put stuff about another april reading being below the line - didn't put the word anomalous though. :frown:

Oh and here's to hoping that the second paper is more knowledge based instead of application of knowledge...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending