The Student Room Group

Aqa 2015 Biology B2- Post your Answers etc

Any feedback please. What did you all write for certain Answers as well!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what did you write for the hetrozygous and homozygous quesition?
I wrote hetreozygous for all :frown: i think its wrong
Reply 2
I failed the magnification one aswell...:rolleyes: and the ratio one I left as three digit numbers and didn't simplify...
Reply 3
Original post by wecandoit
what did you write for the hetrozygous and homozygous quesition?
I wrote hetreozygous for all :frown: i think its wrong

homo, homo the hetro but I'm not sure. That question was hard
I got 400 for the magnification as it was 0.1MM

Dominant: 1 Recessive: 2

For the punnet square one I did N n, N n, = NN, Nn, Nn, nn, with the nn being the white flower.
Reply 5
I found that test soo hard.. and I'm really worrying too because I need at least a B to take is an an A-level in the college i want to go to :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by iMacJack

For the punnet square one I did N n, N n, = NN, Nn, Nn, nn, with the nn being the white flower.

I got the exact same for the square! I feel abit better now.... however I've never done magnification so had no clue what i was doing there :frown:
Reply 7
Tha ratio one was simply, '3:1'. Although the numbers didn't simplify, we have to understand that in an experiment the results aren't perfect. 3/4 of the offspring will have purple leaves but this is a THEORETICAL calculation, in practice the number can vary but the overall ratio should still be round about correct.
What did you guys get for the like the 4/5 mark question about the two people? Like person 1 ran faster why was this?
Reply 9
Same, I want to take it at A-level, i felt like I had no time left. I did the punnet square in the last 2 mins. This was the hardest exam compaired to all the past papers I did.
Original post by imyleighx
What did you guys get for the like the 4/5 mark question about the two people? Like person 1 ran faster why was this?

Person 1 had a higher stroke rate than person 2 therefore the heart carried blood containing oxygen to the muscles which prevented anaerobic respiration so person 1 could run more without muscle fatigue and his muscles could contract or something along those lines lmao
Reply 11
What did people get for the question about gaps in the fossil record??
I put (completely wrong)
- fossils could have been destroyed due to volcanic activity
- and there could have been the absence of conditions needed for decay in the past- ie it was very cold?!
Reply 12
Original post by iMacJack

I got that too, hope I did okay.
I put 400X, Nn Nn for the punnet square and for the tick boxes i put homo homo hetero... I didn't simplify the ratio though!
Reply 14
Original post by imyleighx

Lower resting heart rate = fitter, higher stroke volume and heart rate (quoting figures as it said "using diagram 1") means more blood is pumped around the body hence the higher csrcisc output. This means there is a faster delivery of glucose in the blood to the muscles, and a quicker removal of CO2. This means person 1 respires more quickly and can provide his muscles with more energy, thus allowing him to run faster.
An important thing I've noticed is people refer to the person running using aerobic respiration, yet the question said he was running as fast as he could (as also implied by him being faster), so (I think) the respiration is ANAEROBIC and mention of oxygen is irrelevant.
Reply 15
Ahh yes I got that too for the Punnet square ! 3/60-----wooooo:frown:
Original post by Rup1999
I put (completely wrong)
- and there could have been the absence of conditions needed for decay in the past- ie it was very cold?!

I think I put something about soft bodied animals decaying and fossils being destroyed by natural disasters, to be honest I completely overlooked fossils when I revised
Original post by Rup1999
I put (completely wrong)

That's a question that probably has multiple answers but the ones I put was that most early organisms were soft-bodied, so very few made fossils. Then I said that the fossils that were made were likely to have been destroyed by geological activity such as volcanic eruptions etc.
i got homo homo hetro too
Original post by Meglos
Same, I want to take it at A-level, i felt like I had no time left. I did the punnet square in the last 2 mins. This was the hardest exam compaired to all the past papers I did.

i feel the exact same way as you, i want to take a level biology and always though of it as my strongest science but even last years past paper wasnt this hard :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending