The Student Room Group

People from United Kingdom I need your HELP!!!

Hi there!!! :smile:

I'm doing a work for my university (I'm studying English Philology), and I have to talk about "how young people speak/write in UK". So I will need (sorry for bothering you) that the people from the forum that are from UK just write here in this thread (or by MP) the city where you are from (because I will need to tell the location of the example that I will use), your age and your gender. :redface:

I thought that it would be interesting to find my own examples about the different features of youth language in some forums, because normally most of the people that participat in those places are not very old.

So I just need age, gender and city of people from United Kingdom.

Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you!!! :redface:

Edit: Please vote in this poll that I created to know the age of the users of this forum. --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3320983 Thanks a lot!

Edit2: I won't write your nicknames, it will be completly anonymous. I will write something like; Volunteer1 or Anonymous1, something like that. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

21, Male and Birmingham
Leicester, 19, Female
Reply 3
15, Female, London
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
21, Male and Birmingham

Original post by channies
Leicester, 19, Female

Original post by Fia2k16
15, Female, London

Thanks a lot guys!!!

I need more volunteers!

Thanks!!
Why are you called Valium Sky ???
Original post by ValiumSky

I'm doing a work for my university (I'm studying English Philology), and I have to talk about "how young people speak/write in UK". So I will need (sorry for bothering you) that the people from the forum that are from UK just write here in this thread (or by MP) the city where you are from (because I will need to tell the location of the example that I will use), your age and your gender. :redface:

I thought that it would be interesting to find my own examples about the different features of youth language in some forums, because normally most of the people that participat in those places are not very old.

16, male, Luton.
Cirencester, Female , 16
Reply 8
15, Female, Belfast
Reply 9
Original post by ValiumSky

18, Female, Plymouth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
London, 15 and Female
19 NIGERIA lols hahahahaahahah:biggrin::albertein::centipe:
Reply 12
London, 17, Male.
Reply 13
Original post by Paladian
Why are you called Valium Sky ???

It is the name of a song by The Verve, I'm very fan of them. :smile:

Thanks for helping guys!!

More vounteers please!! The more volunteers I can use in my work, the more possible it will be for me to pass it with a good mark. So thanks a lot!!!!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
What's philology??
Anyway. 20 female London
Reply 16
Original post by stemmery
What's philology??

I let you the meaning: Philology is the study of language in written historical sources; it is a combination of literary criticism, history, andlinguistics.[1] It is more commonly defined as the study of literary texts and written records, the establishment of their authenticity and their original form, and the determination of their meaning.

Thanks for helping!!!
21, male, Reading.
17, Female, Nottinghamshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Thanks a lot guys!! You are truly incredible!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending