The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology unit 2 exam Tuesday 12th may 2015 PM

Scroll to see replies

I'm so awful at understanding evolution, how embarrassing
Reply 41
Original post by kate33333
Oh my Christ 😂😂 tysm! I feel like I just missed an entire lesson on speciation at school, I think the teacher just gave us a textbook lol, I don't understand where the range of alleles come from though? Like surely if it's the same species to begin with they would all have similar genes?

XD it's like humans is a species, but remember that humans have tons of variation including skin tone, height, hair colour, eye colour, and those are thanks to variation!
If you did the meiosis topic, you'll know that meiosis produces gametes, and every SINGLE gamete is different to the other! Some will have the dad's chromosome 1, mums chromosome 2, and vice versa. thats how you get 2 kids from the same parents that look different XD
Thank you :tongue:
What are you guys predicting for the 6 mark question in biology unit 2 tomorrow? And good luck!
Reply 44
I have a feeling its going to be on distribution of organisms even though i hope its not as I struggle alot with it
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
how did everyone find it?
Original post by ellefrancessa
how did everyone find it?

I thought it was okay, I had spare time at the end to check but I'm not sure if this is good or bad :s-smilie: how about you?
Original post by 21sophie21
I thought it was okay, I had spare time at the end to check but I'm not sure if this is good or bad :s-smilie: how about you?

Yeah same! I really hate the How Science Works questions :frown: thought the question with the lipase and the milk was nasty for question 1 and thought a few of them were really funnily worded! I'm not doing any sciences next year anyway so I only need a C. reckon i got about 35 - 40/60 xxx
Reply 49
You know for the 'what does blood carry,
foes water and carbon dioxide count ?
For the disgusting ratio question I wrote a percentage (24.1%) :s can I get the mark? And for the ticking boxes at the end what was the order? HeteroZygous homo hetero?
Original post by Azim101
For the disgusting ratio question I wrote a percentage (24.1%) :s can I get the mark? And for the ticking boxes at the end what was the order? HeteroZygous homo hetero?

For the ratio i put down the 700 and something and 200 something from the question? it was only 1 mark so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending