The Student Room Group

AS sociology - families and household AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bbbbbb2
Think I messed up childhood. I was worried it wasn't about being a social construct so I didn't solely base my exam on that although I included so many authors such as shorter, Aries, Benedict, Womack, pollock and palmer

Posted from TSR Mobile

as long as you put one or two points about it childhood becoming 'lost' and gave some sociologists and one or two contradicting points you can't fail to get 16+ marks
Reply 21
Original post by dorela
And also for social policy?

Social policy -
Intro - what a policy is - direct and indirect impacts
P1 - new right view of policies (Murray - perverse incentives)
P2 - postmodernist view of policies (giddens - third way approach)
P3 - little bit on feminism (land)
P4 - are policies suitable for the family (functionalist - yes) (donzelot - no)
Conclusion - it's acceptable to use giddens third way approach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dorela
What did everyone write for the 6 marker on Marxism?

I wrote about unit of consumption, ideological functions and inheritance of property, you?
Reply 23
Original post by jordcook
I wrote about unit of consumption, ideological functions and inheritance of property, you?

I talked about inheritance of property, and decided I would go back to it because I couldn't think of any others, then I ran out of time and didn't get to do it :frown: I'm so bummed out about it
Original post by df2397
The paper was quite easy, i wrote 7 and a half pages
but i got extra time

I found it quite easy too! I wrote about 6 pages which is unusual for what I normally write!
Original post by dorela
I talked about inheritance of property, and decided I would go back to it because I couldn't think of any others, then I ran out of time and didn't get to do it :frown: I'm so bummed out about it

I feel like that with the policy and law question, I completely forgot, I only spoke about divorce act, civil partnership act, welfare and expanded on each, I feel awful after that question😩
Reply 26
Original post by dorela

yeah same i wrote unit of consumption and inhertitance of property and sed il come back to it but then i ran out of time.
Reply 27
Original post by jordcook
I feel like that with the policy and law question, I completely forgot, I only spoke about divorce act, civil partnership act, welfare and expanded on each, I feel awful after that question

I'm sure you'll still get marks, as long as you expanded in detail I think you'll be fine! I didn't even get to answer the 6 marker, I'm hoping to get a B+ but that 6 marker just threw me off :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by df2397
yeah same i wrote unit of consumption and inhertitance of property and sed il come back to it but then i ran out of time.

Such a shame isn't it :frown:
Original post by dorela
I'm sure you'll still get marks, as long as you expanded in detail I think you'll be fine! I didn't even get to answer the 6 marker, I'm hoping to get a B+ but that 6 marker just threw me off :frown:

Hopefully yeah, but I'm sure you'll get that B, and yes same, I sat there for about 5 minutes just to think of what to include but overall it was a good paper
Reply 30
I thought I messed up in the policy and law question as I mentioned mainly social policies then I checked with my teacher and he said social policies are made by the government so I'm fine haha! Overall it was an okay paper. Don't think I've done as well as I did on the mock.. Roll on August
Original post by leakyg4
I thought I messed up in the policy and law question as I mentioned mainly social policies then I checked with my teacher and he said social policies are made by the government so I'm fine haha! Overall it was an okay paper. Don't think I've done as well as I did on the mock.. Roll on August í ½í¸ƒ

I felt the exact same! oh and hey😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
For social policies i spoke about new labour policies, New right policies and functionslist policies..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending