The Student Room Group

B2 & B3 AQA GCSE - 12th May

Hi everyone, hope you all did well on the B2 & B3 exam today. I found it easy but there were some hard parts - which I struggled.

How did you all find it? Also could we share some of our answers we got for these papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found it quite hard ;-; I really needed a B or above in this exam too because i want to carry it on :frown: i hope the grade boundaries are low this year..
Reply 2
I missed out a page (of only 1 mark questions) on the B2 paper. I intended to go back to to answer them but the time ran out!! :'(

I found the paper generally okay tho!

What answer did you get for the question that required you to calculate the magnification??

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did foundation papers gcse biology. I smashed it so easy.
Reply 4
B2 wasn't too bad... But B3 seemed a lot harder than I thought it would be :/ After talking to some of my friends, it seems I got most of the same answers as them; but it was still really difficult. Did any of you get 400 for the magnification question?? :biggrin:
Reply 5
i couldnt do the magnification question:frown:
Reply 6
Im so angry - any one who did b3 did anyone see the question on the back of the paper because i failed to see it
Reply 7
I found them fairly easy, B3 was abit harder!
Reply 8
400 was the right answer for the magnification question apparently, but i put 40 because i forgot to convert cm to mm! i found the B2 paper to be easier than the B3 paper, but most of my friends felt the B2 paper was harder
Reply 9
How did everyone workout 400 to be the answer?? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by gfa_
400 was the right answer for the magnification question apparently, but i put 40 because i forgot to convert cm to mm! i found the B2 paper to be easier than the B3 paper, but most of my friends felt the B2 paper was harder

I agree with your friends.. i felt like B2 was harder too :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by ciarayh
i couldnt do the magnification question:frown:

Neither, we've never learn it before in my class, possibly because weve had 3 teachers the past two years... but oh well, i suppose it was only 1 mark wasnt it?
Reply 12
Original post by gfa_

Haha for some reason I almost wrote 750 for the magnification (no idea how!) The only thing more difficult in the B2 paper for me was the 6 marker, B3 was a simple comparison luckily! In B2 with the cystic fibrosis and polydactyl question, did you put 23 for polydactyl and 46 for cystic fibrosis? i thought it was really badly worded :/ oh well, I guess we just have to wait until thursday for the Chemistry exams now, I'm a lot more confident for those.
Original post by DeeXiomara
How did everyone workout 400 to be the answer?? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

they left bangladesh to get a real education brobje boi
Before I enter this discussion I just want to say that I did the separate/triple paper for B3 not further additional. I had a very stressful conversation with some people in another thread who were telling me I'd got some questions completely wrong because they were doing a different paper! Like my stress levels aren't already high enough :P

What did you guys write for the reason the pH decreased with the milk, bile + lipase question on the B2 paper?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gilly38
Haha for some reason I almost wrote 750 for the magnification (no idea how!) The only thing more difficult in the B2 paper for me was the 6 marker, B3 was a simple comparison luckily! In B2 with the cystic fibrosis and polydactyl question, did you put 23 for polydactyl and 46 for cystic fibrosis? i thought it was really badly worded :/ oh well, I guess we just have to wait until thursday for the Chemistry exams now, I'm a lot more confident for those.

the answer for polydactyl was 1 and cystic fibrosis was 2,
the question was referring to minimum amount of alleles not chromosomes in in meiosis and mitosis. Anyway thanks for lowering the grade boundary!
Reply 16
Both papers were very easy for me, with B2 being slightly easier. Expect a high grade boundary.
i feel so stupid i left question 1 out as i didn't see it
Hi does any one know grade boundaries ???

Also the magnification question was misleading it had 0.1 or 0.01 but the line was horizontal so I measured the leaf horizontally thats so annoying -_-

& yeah what did people get for that lipase milk question on b2

b2 - mediumish hard b3 - easy
Reply 19
Original post by gilly38

i put one and two because technically you only need 1 dominant allele for polydactyly (heterozygous), however you need 2 for cystic fibrosis because the disorder is recessive, meaning it is simply impossible for one of the genes to be dominant, however i agree on the question being worded badly, hopefully they will be lenient in the mark scheme! i am dreading chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending