The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography unit 1 12th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peppercrunch
Oh yeah. That was the question I was talking about. Did you talk about the prominence of lateral erosion in the middle and lower course resulting in a flatter, wider cross profile and a shallower long profile?

Also, the prominence of headward and vertical erosion for the upper course creating a steep long profile and a steep, relatively thin cross profile.

YES! Exactly that, I enjoyed that question! did you do the health section? If so how did you find it? I Struggled a lot to understand that tbf😪
Yea. I did that 15 marker before in a past (well a very similar one) and got 15/15. But I don't think I got that with this one lol

Haha I think I must have got the majority... well hopefully anyway lol

You probably did better than you think :tongue:
Original post by jordcook
YES! Exactly that, I enjoyed that question! did you do the health section? If so how did you find it? I Struggled a lot to understand that tbf😪

Sadly no, I didn't do Health. I do Coasts and Energy for at my school for the optional modules.

The energy one had a 15 marker about TNCs. Did they have one about TNCs for the health section?
Oh yeah. That was the question I was talking about. Did you talk about the prominence of lateral erosion in the middle and lower course resulting in a flatter, wider cross profile and a shallower long profile?

Also, the prominence of headward and vertical erosion for the upper course creating a steep long profile and a steep, relatively thin cross profile.

I mentioned about how the upper course has a smaller cross sectional area and wetted perimeter which effected the hydraulic radius and the river efficiency.(did that for the lower, ad middle and spoke how it effected the discharge.) I mentioned which erosional process were found where, which transportation, type of load and what landforms were found where. I think by including the cross sectional area, wetted perimeter and the hydraulic radius, I spoke about the cross profile. I mentioned bed roughness too!
Sadly no, I didn't do Health. I do Coasts and Energy for at my school for the optional modules.

The energy one had a 15 marker about TNCs. Did they have one about TNCs for the health section?

how was that section? And yes, it was based on tobacco TNC's and their advantages/disadvantages

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eugh the health section was easily the most difficult! I struggled with positives of Tabaccoo industry in TNC tbh. Hated the question on health variations however I think I got some marks from the graphs?!? How did you find the health section?
Original post by Shannon56
I mentioned about how the upper course has a smaller cross sectional area and wetted perimeter which effected the hydraulic radius and the river efficiency.(did that for the lower, ad middle and spoke how it effected the discharge.) I mentioned which erosional process were found where, which transportation, type of load and what landforms were found where. I think by including the cross sectional area, wetted perimeter and the hydraulic radius, I spoke about the cross profile. I mentioned bed roughness too!

You revised a lot for Geography it seems! I mentioned landforms too, however I did not include anything about channel characteristics. Hoping the grade boundaries will be low.

You've probably done really well.
how was that section? And yes, it was based on tobacco TNC's and their advantages/disadvantages

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was easier than expected apart from the TNCs. I don't like questions where you have to describe patterns.
Eugh the health section was easily the most difficult! I struggled with positives of Tabaccoo industry in TNC tbh. Hated the question on health variations however I think I got some marks from the graphs?!? How did you find the health section?

well I ran out of time so i only wrote one advantage and one disadvantage for the TNC question, and had no idea what to write for the variations, I just took a guess but the graphs I feel ok about, Especially the one about the life expectancy. How was the rest of your paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was easier than expected apart from the TNCs. I don't like questions where you have to describe patterns.

oh yeah, well I'm sure you've done great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You revised a lot for Geography it seems! I mentioned landforms too, however I did not include anything about channel characteristics. Hoping the grade boundaries will be low.

You've probably done really well.

I actually only revised 5 days before the exam! I just crammed.. I was re-sitting last years AS exam this year and may have forgotten how much there was in the modules...I risked the things that weren't in it last year.. May have paid off lol
well I ran out of time so i only wrote one advantage and one disadvantage for the TNC question, and had no idea what to write for the variations, I just took a guess but the graphs I feel ok about, Especially the one about the life expectancy. How was the rest of your paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh the joys of having 25% extra time :wink:

I finished it all but felt bad about the Health section - I did like the HIV/Age graph too! I hated the Health 15 marker, I practically wrote out my case study for Malawi...lol

Not too bad, Rivers was definitely my favourite <3 Downstream landforms + Meanders! Coasts was ok, hated the drawing of the Fjord though but the 15 marker was relatively good! Hard engineering + Lyme Regis.

How did you find it all? :smile:
Oh the joys of having 25% extra time :wink:

I finished it all but felt bad about the Health section - I did like the HIV/Age graph too! I hated the Health 15 marker, I practically wrote out my case study for Malawi...lol

Not too bad, Rivers was definitely my favourite <3 Downstream landforms + Meanders! Coasts was ok, hated the drawing of the Fjord though but the 15 marker was relatively good! Hard engineering + Lyme Regis.

How did you find it all? :smile:

I drew the fjord as well, but when we got taught it we did visually see it so I had to guess by the description of what it looked like. But over all I feel quite decent about it, I'm not very good at health but I gave it my best shot and for the coasts 15 marker I used holderness

Posted from TSR Mobile
I drew the fjord as well, but when we got taught it we did visually see it so I had to guess by the description of what it looked like. But over all I feel quite decent about it, I'm not very good at health but I gave it my best shot and for the coasts 15 marker I used holderness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didnt*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure everyone here will do fine! I was debating whether to use Holderness or Lyme Regis..
Last year the raw marks were:

49=D
55=C
62=B
69=A

But this years seemed a lot easier...

having looked at june 13 the paper seemed about the same difficulty and an A was 75 so i reckon its around that mark:/
I'm sure everyone here will do fine! I was debating whether to use Holderness or Lyme Regis..

Did you have to do a case study for that evaluation of hard engineering? e.e

I just listed advantages and disadvantages and named a place where it was used.

Same because we learnt both but I knew more about holderness so I chose that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you have to do a case study for that evaluation of hard engineering? e.e

I just listed advantages and disadvantages and named a place where it was used.

I wrote about Sea walls and Groynes. First I wrote about what hard engineering was, then gave a description of each, wrote advantages and disadvantages of both then gave a small conclusion on each, choosing which was most effective. Then I just wrote about how they were used in Lyme Regis and what they did in terms of Lyme Regis...
Same because we learnt both but I knew more about holderness so I chose that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I just chose the one I was more comfortable with :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending