The Student Room Group

AQA English literature B - 15th May 2015 Great Gatsby

What chapter do you think might come up for The Great Gatsby?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure but I'd recommend you revising all the chapters beforehand.
But I think chapter 6 may come up.

But good luck for the exam!
Reply 2
Original post by s3mmy
I'm not sure but I'd recommend you revising all the chapters beforehand.
But I think chapter 6 may come up.

But good luck for the exam!

Thanks, you too!
I'm not going to revise too much because you can talk about anything and get marks.
Last years Gatsby question was hard, the second part to section A.
More likely to be Chapter 6 or 9 :-)
Reply 4
Original post by ben1gregoriou
More likely to be Chapter 6 or 9 :-)

Do you have any notes for these two chapters?
Original post by Rosex12
Do you have any notes for these two chapters?

Probably somewhere in my folder but my teacher gave me a perfect answer essay for Section A Chapter 6.
does anyone know which section of ancient mariner is most likely to come up?
Reply 7
i definitely wouldn't mind chapter 6! I think chapter 9 is quite hard to talk about!
Reply 8
Probably somewhere in my folder but my teacher gave me a perfect answer essay for Section A Chapter 6.

Could you possibly send me the notes?
Reply 9
Original post by sghad
i definitely wouldn't mind chapter 6! I think chapter 9 is quite hard to talk about!

I'd prefer chapter 5
Reply 10
yeah chapter 5 is good too!
Hi,
I'm not doing the Great Gatsby for Section A, though my teacher said he thinks either chapter 4, 6, 8 or 9 could come up.

Is anyone doing Robert Frost for Section A?
Also, how is everyone revising for Section B? I was thinking of just memorising a couple of general quotes that could fit into any theme. I'm doing Gatsby, Enduring Love and Robert Browning.
Reply 12
I don't think chapter 4 of gatsby has ever come up! has it?
I went through all the past papers and made a note of what chapters and themes had come up already. Sadly, it didn't really have much point because they could repeat the same poems and chapters. For example, chapter 2 for the Great Gatsby has come up twice and so has Porphyria's Lover. The only thing I can really say was that the larger books eg, The Kite Runner, the chapters were not repeated and the focus was on characters more for the second part of Sec A. I guess because there is more book for them to cover. But also, they may repeat questions people did badly in, so well worth checking the examiners report :smile:

For Section B I'm just going over themes you could link for all of the texts very briefly. I'm trying not to revise too much for that otherwise I'll end up trying to think what I revised for and then messing everything up because I've tried to make my revision fit the question :/

I hope this helped :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by soulcalli
I went through all the past papers and made a note of what chapters and themes had come up already. Sadly, it didn't really have much point because they could repeat the same poems and chapters. For example, chapter 2 for the Great Gatsby has come up twice and so has Porphyria's Lover. The only thing I can really say was that the larger books eg, The Kite Runner, the chapters were not repeated and the focus was on characters more for the second part of Sec A. I guess because there is more book for them to cover. But also, they may repeat questions people did badly in, so well worth checking the examiners report :smile:

For Section B I'm just going over themes you could link for all of the texts very briefly. I'm trying not to revise too much for that otherwise I'll end up trying to think what I revised for and then messing everything up because I've tried to make my revision fit the question :/

I hope this helped :smile:

do you think chapter 2 will come up again?
Original post by sghad
do you think chapter 2 will come up again?

It's come up twice, so I wouldn't have thought so. But ones that have come up once before may come up again. Yet there isn't a guarantee :/ best to have a few ideas for all of them, you may need it for Sec B anyway?

Could you by any chance send me some notes on chapter 6? only chapter I'm lacking notes in and i know it hasnt been a question in the past
Original post by sghad
I don't think chapter 4 of gatsby has ever come up! has it?

CHapters 3,4,6 and 9 haven't come up
Reply 18
Things that are possibilities for Section B are: - Openings - Endings / Resolution - Relationships - Use of contrasts - Setting - Use of minor characters - Narrative voice - Key themes - Antagonists

Or so my Literature teacher predicted as they haven't come up before
Original post by johnsaunders
does anyone know which section of ancient mariner is most likely to come up?

Part 5 and 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending