The Student Room Group

How did people find the Edexcel B1 Paper?

Scroll to see replies

I think it went well! What was the answer for the first percentage one in the smoking question? I got 10%
Original post by kirsty123456
I think it went well! What was the answer for the first percentage one in the smoking question? I got 10%

I put that as well
Original post by Segsation
I was so please with how that paper went! I couldn't remember a third mutualistic relationship but I said what one could be without giving examples of specific animals, if that makes sense? That and I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure. I also had to guess on the infertility one and say that the testes got blocked by mucus but the 6 markers were great! I loved the homeostasis section but the only thing was the 6 marker about blood glucose. I just put about the insulin and glucagon and what they do. Do you think that was enough?

I put dendrites as well to fingers crossed that's right! I also wrote that for the glucose 6 marker except I added that it is an example of negative feedback and homeostasis. Crossing my fingers for 6 marks!
I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure.

Dendrite comes from the greek word dendron so they basically mean the same thing - no need to worry!😂
Grade Boundries ?
In the infertility question you have to say the vas deferens could not develop
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Grade Boundries ?

It was fairly easy so quite high I would say. Probably 52/53 for an A* then like 46/47 for an A
Original post by segsation
it was fairly easy so quite high i would say. Probably 52/53 for an a* then like 46/47 for an a

24 c
35 b
46 a
53 a*
Original post by Tuned2000
we had to calculate the percentage decrease in smoking (the diagram was confusing) and suggest why smoking has decreased in the UK.

I think it was 10% or something. It had to do with taking away.
It was a good paper. I was confused on the Hodgkin's or whatever and put recessive. I put 8% for that bio mass one, which was definitely wrong. But overall, I think I lost 7 marks maximum.
Reply 30
what did everyone get for the percentage of energy lost? is it likely that you can get an a* if you've dropped 6 marks?
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
24 c
35 b
46 a
53 a*

How do you know thats the grade boundaries?
Original post by taylortron99
It was a good paper. I was confused on the Hodgkin's or whatever and put recessive. I put 8% for that bio mass one, which was definitely wrong. But overall, I think I lost 7 marks maximum.

I think I lost 8 marks, 2 from the mutalistic 6mark question, 3 maybe form the biomass percentage, 2 form cyistic fibrosis and one maybe somewhere
I thought it was really easy - but the only question i was a bit like... erm was the one about cystic fibrosis and infertility. I just made an educated guess, but i don't think i got it right. I think i'll still get an A* or at least an A though :smile:
I put one mutualistic relationship as oxpecker. But I didn't say it was with a buffalo I said it was with an ox??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I was so please with how that paper went! I couldn't remember a third mutualistic relationship but I said what one could be without giving examples of specific animals, if that makes sense? That and I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure. I also had to guess on the infertility one and say that the testes got blocked by mucus but the 6 markers were great! I loved the homeostasis section but the only thing was the 6 marker about blood glucose. I just put about the insulin and glucagon and what they do. Do you think that was enough?

Nah it was dendrites
'cause it was a motor neurone
And motor neurones don't have dendrons
Original post by bilal78635
I put one mutualistic relationship as oxpecker. But I didn't say it was with a buffalo I said it was with an ox??

Posted from TSR Mobile

XD I couldn't remember what it was so I said 'large mammal'
Original post by SlyDrHeist
How do you know thats the grade boundaries?

They don't
Those are probably the previous year
The grade boundaries change because they're a percentage
So for example it might be like the top 10% of candidates get an A*
And that one year the lowest still in the top 10% would have got 53/60
Original post by Tuned2000
we had to calculate the percentage decrease in smoking (the diagram was confusing) and suggest why smoking has decreased in the UK.

I put the percentage as 9, what about you?
Original post by hhmerrony
I put the percentage as 9, what about you?

I think they will allow 9-11%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending