The Student Room Group

C1 maths how to improve my mark

I've been consistently getting 65/75, I've got about 4 more papers left, but I want 100% because why not right! My real exam is tomorrow. Any tips on how to take my mark to the 70's ?
Reply 1
Do you lose marks on specific types of questions or do you do what I do and not add or subtract thinks correctly, -__-. If the former, work on those types of questions, if you're like me, I know it's annoying but I guess we have to take our time on the questions, i'm planning to do the test twice tomorrow, I'm also stuck on around 71/75 marks because of really stupid errors.

Edit: I just looked at a previous mock and I thought -50 - 5 was +50, gj brain.
(edited 8 years ago)
I always make a couple stupid mistakes and get 70-72/75 ;(

I'd say it's too late now to go from consistent 65/75 to consistent 75/75, if you make silly mistakes then just go through your answers a few times
Original post by Sunnyftw
I've been consistently getting 65/75, I've got about 4 more papers left, but I want 100% because why not right! My real exam is tomorrow. Any tips on how to take my mark to the 70's ?

Find your weak areas. Practise a ton of the questions related to your weak area. It works. I got like 39/72 in December in C1, and now I'm averaging 70/72.
Reply 4

Try using the Solomon papers. It makes the questions on the actual C1 papers easier. When in the exam room don't rush the paper, take your time and make sure you write down your entire method. Then check over it! And again! And again!
Reply 5
Original post by ThatPerson2
Try using the Solomon papers. It makes the questions on the actual C1 papers easier. When in the exam room don't rush the paper, take your time and make sure you write down your entire method. Then check over it! And again! And again!

I hear if you average 80% + on a Solomon paper you're basically guaranteed an A
It would be a good idea to understand where and why you lost marks, remembering not to repeat this in the real thing.
Reply 7

If the marks youre losing are due to silly mistakes like adding errors and stuff I suggest taking your time and working through questions more carefully as its better to get it right the first time than have to go back to correct it. Plus once you write it down theres always a possibility you may not notice it is incorrect when checking.

Quick Reply

Latest